Need help. Won't run after rebuild.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I'm assuming you checked them all, and they are all nice and white?

Put fresh plugs in, and try it again. If they are wet from fuel, you either a) aren't firing the plug or b) flooding the engine with fuel.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Yup. Trying new plugs today. I'm hoping they're just bad plugs and aren't firing. They only had about 5k miles on them but don't look to be in the best shape.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Ok just tried new plugs. Doesn't show much improvement. When I took the old plugs out there were fuel droplets on top of the pistons either from too much fuel, or no spark. I've taken each plug out and tested every one. They're firing when I crank, nice white spark.
No codes. Read that whole post JJ, I understand the coil circuit now and why I would have been getting 14. But 14 hasn't come back. So I can only guess the ecu is firing each plug, and seeing it fire as I crank. I have my AFPR set to 40psi with fp and B+ jumpered.

Last edited:

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
What's the color the fuel injector clips start in? White brown, or Brown white?

Ok guessing starting with white because I can't get 3 and 4 to reach opposite.

Last edited:

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Yup. Ive had a bad AFM, it will start with it unplugged, just won't run well.
Mine won't start for more than 5-10 seconds.

Ok I can get it running, just won't stay idling on it's own, and running very rich, keeppulling plugs and they're soaked with fuel.

Last edited:

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
I've got it running rough...on cylinder 3 and 5. Spark in every cylinder. Cylinder's 1,2,4, and 6 fuel injectors are not firing.

It's still holding 20psi and I last cranked it at least 10 minutes ago, holding steady 40psi when cranking.

It's running now, I tested the solenoid resistor, cleaned the connections, and it's maintaining idle now. After setting the timing tomorrow I think I can get this thing running right.

Last edited: