Need help with the poopra..smokin problems

MK3_Turbo

JZZ31
Mar 31, 2005
Arkansas
www.myspace.com
i just need to know some possibilites of what's wrong with my supra...it's smokin from the engine. from the left side of the engine. it looks like it's comin from the turbo mani. could the head/block be a warped? the car still runs strong, but hesitate a little sometimes. and there is oil on the spark plugs but only the 5th and 6th ones.

thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
It's smoking from the exhaust manifold side? I'll bet your valve covers are leaking and dripping oil in your back two spark plug wells and on to the exhaust manifold.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
My first thought was "how do you leak on the left side and manage to hit the turbo manifold?" -anyway, yeah Valve cover gaskets. Not a bad idea to replace anyway if you haven't already.

You guys are lucky you don't have those stupid ass lower cam tower gaskets like the 5/6m's. I can't get mine to seal for the life of me. Was also thinking "rear cam seal", ya'll don't even have those! Losers... :icon_conf

I'd recomend RTVing the "corners" of the valve covers as well, you know, where they start their arch in the front. or go all the way around, just don't get carried away.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Have you tried to tighten them. Sometimes the screws just come loose. You may want to try that, at least until you get paid and can afford the gaskets........GL

MK3_Turbo

JZZ31
Mar 31, 2005
Arkansas
www.myspace.com
where can i get the grommets for them??i tried taking the old ones off but they wouldnt come off.... i got new hex bolts and they workin fine for now til i get the new gaskets from toyota.