Need help with MAFT PRO

90mkiiisupra400hp

Mar 20, 2011
Gardiner, Maine
Hey guys I have searched and couldn't find the answer, do I need to cut the knock sensor wire when wiring it up? I am sure the answer is out there some where but I had no luck finding it. Thanks in advance.

terrenceLP

Mar 22, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Can you post why and how you are connecting to the knock sensor?

I'm running MAFT Pro and did not do this, only the HAC mod and running my THA through V-Out 2 set @2.5v

Unless your Changing the Signal - you only have to tap and not splice, like in the case of using Enhance TPS, you MUST cut the TPS wire from the throttle, lead it to the MAFT Pro, then out of the MAFT Pro connect back to the TCCS, now to can send WOT to the TCCS when ever you want.

90mkiiisupra400hp

Mar 20, 2011
Gardiner, Maine
Ok I was wiring it up by using the diagram on here http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?11783-As-Requested-MaftPro-Install-writeup&highlight=serial and upon reading through the thread I saw where the OP said
You must CUT the KS wire on the engine wiring harness, and the connect the GREEN wire from the Maftpro to the ECU SIDE of the wire. You can leave the other side of the KS wire unattached or you can connect it to the YELLOW wire on the maftpro harness(not pictured). This procedure for the KS wire is the same on a safc install.
but on the diagrams it says nothing about the knock sensor that's what I was trying to figure out.

I was also not going to do the HAC mod since I don't travel in hilly area's so do I just leave the grey wire unhooked, this is for a 90 turbo just FYI. Thanks agian

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
CyFi6;1751968 said:
Ks is the airflow signal, not knock sensor. You don't touch the knock sensors or their wiring for the MaftPro.
^ THIS!!!!!!!!! If you disconnect/delete the knock sensor wire(s), the ECU will dump fuel and pull timing...not to mention you won't run right if you splice the wrong sensor wires in.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
And i believe (If its the same as a safc) you need to connect both sides of the KS wire's (One away from ecu to Yellow wire) (One to ecu to Green wire) will not work unless both are done (at least with my car and the SAFC) again KS as in AFM signal not Knock Sensor