need help w/ finding a shop in SouthEast

lst-sol

Oct 1, 2005
FL, curently in Africa
:1zhelp: Hey, I have a 1jz and its acting funny to say the least. I will barey idles and puffs black smoke. the check engine ligtht comes on/off all the time. if its off it runs at about 1400 /1500 rpms and still smokes just a bit. if its on its at 500 and I can barey drive, so I dont. I had it looked at and the comp. they hooked up to it wouldnt read any codes. also the jumper wire doesnt work either. fuel filter, spark plugs NGK 3330 have been changed and i used my buddys map sensor, ecu, thottle pos. sensor all at different times to find out what the problem is. NOTHING. so back to the shop here in town. he said he tested the inj. for pulse and that two were stuck, then he said to changed them and the same cyl. were still stuck. now they think its in the wiring harness and they stopped there. car still doesnt run well and it doesnt look like they even opened the hood. they did kill my battery so now i need a new one. :1zhelp:

so with that out of the way, does any know of a place/ or person in the southeast that can fix my car? IM in NC and i have a trailer so i would be able to bring it as far south as tampa. thank you for your time

Last edited:

PIONEER

Wallet Wide Open
Mar 30, 2005
Raleigh, Nc
Hello LST, I got your message. I have asked Jeff to source a 1JZ guy if he can. I know just enough about 1JZ wiring to cause a fire in your enginebay :icon_surp . There are few guys running 1JZ supras in NC. I know Jeff has a 1J in his shop. He will post here shortly

MR2 Guru

Dec 5, 2005
Asheville NC
www.mr2guru.com
My name is Harry and I own a shop in Asheville NC called Phoenix Motorsports. I am also known in NC as MR2 Guru.
If you have still not found anyone willing to service your Supra please feel free to give us a call or contact us through the website. We will do our best to help you in any way we can.

We look forward to hearing from you!