need help stuck on the road

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
Miami, Florida, United States
i was cruiseing to work at around 50mph when the car just shut off on me...i was able to steer into a gas station ...i quickly pulled the codes 14,24 but whats funny when i try and turn the car on i notice the rpm needle doesnt move at all...could it be the cps wiring???

thanks for the help fellas

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
24 is something to do with the afm...14 has to with igition..but idk why the rpm needle doesnt move...which is why i keep thinking its the cps i wiggled the wires around and nothing...

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
i believe, that issues that seem complex always turns out to be user error or something really simple....i fixed the problem!!!...again..something really stupid lol the codes 14,24 are ooooolllllldddd. I never deleted them( i knew if my afm was bad the rpm needle should still move same thing with code 14 the rpm needle should move around i got nothing) ..

The problem was my kill switch. I must have hit the switch by accident(time to relocate it) thus turning the car off and preventing from restarting(the movement in the rpm meter let me to believe that my cps was dead OR my kill switch (hence the user error part) i flipped the switch and BINGO car drives like a beast (something simple)

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
Dan_Gyoba;1951456 said:
Was going to say that killing power to the igniter will also keep the tach from moving.

yea that i didnt know lol..i hope other fellow supra fans found my problem to be some what helpful to them as well..
thanks again guys for all your quick adn accurate help

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Yes,
If my car dies while driving, I will check my killswitch first as well.
But, seeing as won't be installing it on the seat cushion or the headrest, It'll be hard to imagine how I accidentally hit it...

Sorry. Had to.
;)

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
supraguy@aol;1951615 said:
Yes,
If my car dies while driving, I will check my killswitch first as well.
But, seeing as won't be installing it on the seat cushion or the headrest, It'll be hard to imagine how I accidentally hit it...

LOL very funny its just user error..

Sorry. Had to.
;)