Need help, sad face sad face

Nihiliz

Die Hard Supra Fan
Jul 23, 2007
United States
www.facebook.com
Sorry mods,. i just need some help. i know this is not on topic, but i need the best of the best mechanics on this one (7m builders) hehe
Alrighty, i bought a 95 Mazda MX6 2.5L V6 5 speed today as my dd., while i prepare to gut my chassis (92 supra turbo tagra, Going to do a 2jz, 6speed getrag build, so keep an eye out in the future :D ), so here i go

Say your driving for about 20 mins,. on the 21st min, the tach (rpms) will start bouncing up and down like its on drugs (CAR WILL NOT REV WITH THE BOUNCE, LOL) than when it starts doing that,. the car just wants to fall on its face, lose power, etc.. so when this starts doing this, u just turn the ignition off than back on, it runs fine for another 20 mins, and repeats the process, its a big pain in the ass. So far that has been replaced, complete tune up, ECU, Distributer (with one at a junkyard) wires checked for distributer area, any ideas anyone, really need your help. getting ready to go to wyotech to become a engine builder/chassis builder, need a reliable car and i dont have much cash at all ;/

The times when this problem is random tho, so its not just every 20 mins, was just saying as an example,. ..

So Please mods forgive me just this one, i just need help, school starts soon and i dont got moneys to take it to a garage ;/

Nihiliz

Die Hard Supra Fan
Jul 23, 2007
United States
www.facebook.com
its a 1995 mazda mx6 2.5L (KLZE Motor) 5 speed.
went over the wiring,. its all A-OK. ;/

in a way, i wish i had a na supra as a beater, id rather deal with BHG than this anyday heheehe

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Nihiliz said:
its a 1995 mazda mx6 2.5L (KLZE Motor) 5 speed.
went over the wiring,. its all A-OK. ;/

in a way, i wish i had a na supra as a beater, id rather deal with BHG than this anyday heheehe

Seeing as you mentioned "getting ready to go to wyotech to become a engine builder/chassis builder, need a reliable car and i dont have much cash at all ;/ ", I highly doubt you'd want to be dealing with a BHG...

When you replaced the distributor did you replace the coil(s) as well? What about the wires between the coil(s) and distributor?

Nihiliz

Die Hard Supra Fan
Jul 23, 2007
United States
www.facebook.com
well im going to buy the car today, its a steal other than that problem its a 95, has 98k mile on engine/trans. new clutch. 2.5" exhaust, headers back, and has some after market headers, 18" rims, short throw shifter, interior is flawless black leather, the exterior, yeah im going to spray bomb it, has a smashed out head light haha,. but all for 500 bucks. cant beat that,. but i dident replace anything but the owner said he replaced the ECU, plug wires, and i bought a dist~ from a junk yard, so no the coils wernt replaced at the same time. but with the old dist and the dist from the junk yard,. it still acts the same etc.

Neal

Jun 15, 2007
Melbourne
I think the alternator is on its way out. Put a volt meter on the battery and see what voltage are you getting during the 21min drama you described.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Nihiliz;1501161 said:
well im going to buy the car today, its a steal other than that problem its a 95, has 98k mile on engine/trans. new clutch. 2.5" exhaust, headers back, and has some after market headers, 18" rims, short throw shifter, interior is flawless black leather, the exterior, yeah im going to spray bomb it, has a smashed out head light haha,. but all for 500 bucks. cant beat that,. but i dident replace anything but the owner said he replaced the ECU, plug wires, and i bought a dist~ from a junk yard, so no the coils wernt replaced at the same time. but with the old dist and the dist from the junk yard,. it still acts the same etc.

$500? They beat the shit out of it. A bunch of local ricers have these cars... :nono: Not bad when done right, but I don't like them. If it gets you around, then why not.

max-89supra(t)

Dec 12, 2008
vancouver, wa
ok i know i went over this problem in my college auto electrical class, a lot of the times when the gauges go crazy is because of the ac voltage-lemme explain; the alternator produces ac voltage and the voltage goes into a set of (im not sure what they are called-forgot) but they turn the ac voltage into dc, now when one or more of them start going out it will start giving ac spikes into electronics that are only made for dc voltage and you will get crazy things like the gauges going crazy, sorry i wish i remembered what those thingies are called, anyone know?