Need help quick

ZFast300Z

Trouble
Dec 15, 2007
Wisconsin
I'm at a friends house, and the positive battery cable just fell out of the batter (Side post, wonder GM idea). Apparently the person who owned the truck before me cross threaded the battery and it just now fell out.

Does JB Weld conduct electricity? I'm an hour away from my house, and I dont have cash on me to buy a new battery.

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
The conductive plate in the battery its self probably just broke. Youll need someone to hold it in place while you start the car. Once its running the alternator will keep it all running.

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
pbasil1;922174 said:
The conductive plate in the battery its self probably just broke. Youll need someone to hold it in place while you start the car. Once its running the alternator will keep it all running.

yes but at the price of a new alternator. you already lost battery wire. i dont think you wanna loose the alternator too.

you have a spare battery laying around and jusmper cables, you can jimmy rig it. kinda like extended wiring.

ed.d.

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
super.secret.supra.club;922186 said:
yes but at the price of a new alternator. you already lost battery wire. i dont think you wanna loose the alternator too.

you have a spare battery laying around and jusmper cables, you can jimmy rig it. kinda like extended wiring.

ed.d.
find anything small and metal like a small nail or screw and try to jam it in there when you tighten old bolt up...

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
How does the screw fit in the battery? Can not go in at all? If you can coax it back in there, even by crossthreading it do so and tie around the battery or use a "G" vice or something to keep it in until u get home, or to the store.

Don't you have debit? Rig it up and drive to the local store and get a battery and drive home safely.

ZFast300Z

Trouble
Dec 15, 2007
Wisconsin
All fixed. If I had my debit it wouldnt have been a problem, but like an idiot I left my wallet at home. And ofcourse Im visiting my only broke ass friend. He offered to give me a ride home to get my wallet but luckily I remembered I had my 1/2" socketset and my 36" Snap-On 1/2drive ratchet. Lets just say an 8MM bolt, soft lead plate in battery, and my arm strength made do. Ended up needing a new battery and a new battery lug bolt....All in all not to bad, could have been worse.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Same, how come you didn't take your wallet? Where was your license? Anyways, hope you got something out of the experience.

ZFast300Z

Trouble
Dec 15, 2007
Wisconsin
Guyana00;922968 said:
Same, how come you didn't take your wallet? Where was your license? Anyways, hope you got something out of the experience.

I almost never carry my wallet around. I realize that stupid stuff happens and thats why I normally just take cash with me and leave the license, debit, and credit cards at home.

As for my license, I've been stopped numerous times without having it on me (I daily drive a lowered S-10 Xtreme with 5% tinted windows. I get stopped for tint and bumper height laws, but im except so I dont get tickets) and its never a problem so I never think to keep it with me