need help putting my car back together

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
like it says im slowly trying to put my car back together

one problem

to put the coil pack back on i need to have #1 piston at TDC right? the what?? how do i aline the coil pack because #1 prong is in the center???

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Just put the coil pack on the motor. Make sure to connect the ground wire. You need the #1 piston TDC as you re-install the CPS. To get that, take your oil cap off. You will need to turn your crankshaft until you see the cam lobe through the hole.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Cam Position Sensor.......or Distributor

jetjock said:
Make sure the CPS is set right. I keep running into people who think as long as the engine is at TDC the CPS can just be stuffed in any old way. Go figure.

I wasn't even sure if that was the question at hand, so I didn't go that far into it. The questions asked so far make me question if this motor will run.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
It is getting a bit scary eh? Just that I've run into people who've sworn they've always done the CPS that way and it always worked. Like I said, go figure. If guys would stop blindly following the book and get a grip on how the engine works we'd see far less "no start" threads. It's no different than any engine. #1 TDC on comp stroke, cams correct, and the rotor set to fire number 1

Edit: Oops, I see he's N/A. Don't want to confuse him about the CPS. Dizzy is just as easy though.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Your question makes no sense...

The coil pack sits on top of the valve covers, all of the spark plug wires plug into it. The coil pack doesn't need to be "aligned", it just has connectors going to it...

I am assuming you are talking about the CPS? (That's the thing that slides into the head on the exhaust side...)

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
ok now youve just confused the fuck outta me

this thing amabob
p598639_1.jpg

Last edited:

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
ohhh ok
i thought it was the other way around ok so i just put it in and connet it?

Kai said:
How can you not know what a dizzy looks like?! *look of shock*
i thought that the turbo had the dissy and the n/a had the coil pack

now that i know the oppsite is true i just hook it up right?