Need Help Pleases!

mortimus1

Mar 25, 2012
moreno valley
So i have a 7mgte and it doesnt seem like it is getting a fuel at all. ive replaced the current fuel pump with a walbro and changed many other countless parts. Maybe my timing could be off or bad ecu. it sounds like it wants to start but the fuel sometimes turns on but now it doesnt want to. it has sparks bc i tried with my hand and of course shocked myself like a dumbass. help please thanks guys :nono:

changed coil pack
the cps
starter
connector cables to battery
head gasket

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
grounds is a good thing to check but try this get some starter fluid and spray it on and see if it tunrs on. if it does then it could be fuel. check your efi fuse. fuel lines maybe cloged as well.

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
The parts you have thrown at it alone indicate that you have NFI what you are doing. What tersts have you done? What makes you think you're not getting fuel? What exactly are your symptoms? We'll help you, but meet us halfway!
-AM3

mortimus1

Mar 25, 2012
moreno valley
thanks guys for the help i really need it bc i dont have any idea of what im doing, this is like my first car ive tried to do for a project. ive only tested the sparks, voltage and resistance of some of the parts. all i have done is looked at other threads with around the same symptoms as mine. what tests should i be doing?
well i checked the grounds and i have a broken ground by the crankshaft and underneath the turbo. its has like a rubber suction thing with it.
it sounds like it wants to start and then i keep cranking then it has a muffler explosion or backfire in the muffler.
i cant get my car to read codes at all either, like i did the e1 thing with a paper clip and turned the ignition to the on position but the check engine light wont come on.
fuel pump only turns on sometimes when cranking over
i changed most of the relays and fuses inside and out in the entire car.
hope this helps out how to find a solution for the problem
-joe

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
where in moreno valley do you stay at? might be going over there tomorrow to help another buddy out, could drop by to see yours. message me for more info dude.

mortimus1

Mar 25, 2012
moreno valley
for the cps i put it into the camshaft with the marks lined up. hmmmm maybe im doing something wrong.....im probably doing alot of things wrong lol

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
mortimus1;1834460 said:
for the cps i put it into the camshaft with the marks lined up. hmmmm maybe im doing something wrong.....im probably doing alot of things wrong lol

It can be tricky to get the CPS timed right for your first time.

The timing marks on the CPS have to be lined up once it is installed in the head, not when its in your hands. The gears on the CPS and Cam are spiral cut so the CPS shaft will turn as you install it.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
You can test the cps theory by removing the adjusting bolt, to allow the cps to turn farther than normal. That way you can turn it into a 'correctly' timed position, if that's indeed the problem.
If you can get it to run by turning it either way, then you know you have to re-time the cps.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
When you line up your marks on the cams, is your rotor pointing at #1 wire, #1 piston at TDC, crank pulley mark on the "0" ?

Should start if all that is right.

SPOOLINLUST

Feb 24, 2011
nnj
I had the same problem when I put my CPS back on I used a long 1/8 inch wooden dowel and pulled the #1 spark plug and slowly cranked the engine over by hand until the dowel stopped and then backed it off the opposite way just a bit to determine TDC as well as that the crank pulley is at 0* then installed the CPS worked just fine.