need help please 7m build

87ttsupra

Wee turbo!!!
Apr 9, 2008
pueblo west
okay so i started my build 5 or 6 months ago and well time and money got cut short i need to know if the parts i have are compatable to get the car to run with out a major problem.

here is what i have:
weisco pistons 84mm with 9:1 compresion
full valvterain 1mm intake .5 exahust and cams stage two
rc 550's
lexsus afm
aeromotive afpr
walbro fuel pump
62-1 turbonetics turbo .98 ar
external wastegate with an 8psi spring
now heres the uncertain parts
stock ecu
stock clutch
stock flywheel.

if im nice and gentle on the car and keep the boost low will i have any problems???

any info on this will be great thank you.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
The stock clutch will not handle the potential of your set up, keep the power down to 250-285 and you should be ok for a while.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I'd highly recommend finding some sort of way of tuning the fuel. Lex AFM + 550's are close, and it will run, but you'll get it running much better if you have some sort of way of tuning beyond a little screw in the AFM.

Like Rich has pointed out as well, stock clutch is going to have issues with that much power. You're likely going to have slipping problems on the stocker. There are lots of writeups and info on different clutches people have used, tested, tried, etc on the site, so I'd recommend doing a little digging :).

I've used a Centerforce dual friction setup (I believe it is this part #DF500100). It worked really well for holding tight, but for daily driving was very hard on your left leg. Just something to keep in mind when changing the clutch, you're not ALWAYS going to be track driving. Eventually I went back to a Beck Arnley stock replacement after my Centerforce disc got worn out, and for right around 300hp (haven't dyno'd, so it's not exact), it holds nicely and drives really well. While I had the clutch out I put in a Fidanza lightened flywheel and have loved the extra little bit of throttle response.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
radiod;1499357 said:
I'd highly recommend finding some sort of way of tuning the fuel. Lex AFM + 550's are close, and it will run, but you'll get it running much better if you have some sort of way of tuning beyond a little screw in the AFM.

I persoanlly like the APEX-i Super-AFC or S-AFC-II.
Simple, works well, and transferable to other cars.
I do not like the newest NEO, as it has many more options in the set-up.
(too many in my opinion)

You will also need a good A/F meter to tune by.

A word to the wise, NEVER buy a S-AFC that the seller is not willing to show powered up.
If hooked up wrong, they will blow the vidio board, and it is not repairable.
I have been stung twice by taking someone's word that their's worked good.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
gofastgeorge said:
A word to the wise, NEVER buy a S-AFC that the seller is not willing to show powered up.
If hooked up wrong, they will blow the vidio board, and it is not repairable.
I have been stung twice by taking someone's word that their's worked good.

I know a couple people who got burned by this sort of thing too. Be careful with it.

Was gonna mention the SAFC/SAFCII, forgot to put it down. Like gofastgeorge said, simple, fairly easy to work with, and transferable.

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
What kind of intercooler are you running? With the stock clutch you can just upgrade to a 6 puck copper ceramic from ebay ($75 shipped) and it will hold PROVEN 400rwtq. An safc II and lex/550 combo have been proven to work till around 500 +/- rwhp. Your engine seems to be built with forged pistons and stock rods? shot peened? It should hold around 550-600 rwhp properly tuned. Now You NEED A WIDEBAND no and ifs or buts about it. I recomend the AEM or NGk both come with a display for about $225. Once you hook up the wideband and put in that 6 puck or a good clutch, you can make a couple of hard runs and check your AFR's. They should be around 11.5 to 11.7 good luck and keep us posted...:beer:

87ttsupra;1495753 said:
okay so i started my build 5 or 6 months ago and well time and money got cut short i need to know if the parts i have are compatable to get the car to run with out a major problem.

here is what i have:
weisco pistons 84mm with 9:1 compresion
full valvterain 1mm intake .5 exahust and cams stage two
rc 550's
lexsus afm
aeromotive afpr
walbro fuel pump
62-1 turbonetics turbo .98 ar
external wastegate with an 8psi spring
now heres the uncertain parts
stock ecu
stock clutch
stock flywheel.

if im nice and gentle on the car and keep the boost low will i have any problems???

any info on this will be great thank you.

87ttsupra

Wee turbo!!!
Apr 9, 2008
pueblo west
oh sorry correction i have forged egale rods and a sperco replacaintercooler im thinking of going with mapecu? good idea i think seems like it. thank you guys for your help il post pics and such under my build thread and il probly have tons more ????S haha