Need Help Installing Tial Bov

88tsupra

Mar 21, 2007
long beach
my car been stalling in traffic or dieing when i drive.(no i do not vent to the atmosphere)
But i can't find the problem to that yet. I'm going to ask my auto shop teacher to take a look at the engine with me to see why it does that.

im pretty sure though it's because I'm getting a code 51, 12, 14 and haven't found a way to permanently get rid of it

And the Tial BOV wasn't installed yet because the exhaust shop wanted 50 dollars to bend a 1 foot pipe so i said screw it.

I'm going to take my time and save the money for either a custom intercooler piping and replica spaerco intercooler from driftmotion or I' am going to have this guy do a custom intercooler for 500 basically it will cost the same as driftmotion after shipping and bending cost

Last edited:

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
88tsupra said:
my car been stalling in traffic or dieing when i drive.(no i do not vent to the atmosphere)
But i can't find the problem to that yet. I'm going to ask my auto shop teacher to take a look at the engine with me to see why it does that.

im pretty sure though it's because I'm getting a code 51, 12, 14 and haven't found a way to permanently get rid of it

sounds like your cps wiring is bad. its the hockey puck looking thing on the passenger side of the head. its behind the water neck. if the sticker is still on there it will say cam position sensor.

with the car running, jiggle the connector and wiring at the cps and see if the car dies. if it does, there is your problem.

suprasnd

Jul 14, 2007
Flinton, PA
dbsupra90 said:
sounds like your cps wiring is bad. its the hockey puck looking thing on the passenger side of the head. its behind the water neck. if the sticker is still on there it will say cam position sensor.

with the car running, jiggle the connector and wiring at the cps and see if the car dies. if it does, there is your problem.

I hear that. I just had that problem with my car. Car wouldn't start one day and I wiggled the CPS wiring and the car started. Car started burning rich and I took wiring apart and cleaned the connectors and put dielectric grease on them. WOW - what a difference!!!!!:icon_bigg

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Ya know what's funny, I've seen so many issues with venting BOV's but mine has had an HKS SSQV that vents right onto the intake and never had an issue, no idea why but it never has caused a problem.

88tsupra

Mar 21, 2007
long beach
it is my CPS the last owner cut one of the wire and directly wired it. Now i have to figure a way to fix it I am going to try Suprasnd way and see what happen thanks guy

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
On my last supra i had a ssqv vented to the atmosphere and I rarely had that stalling problem in between shifts. I was able to pop flames though and stop the turbo from surging, thats whats most important.

88tsupra

Mar 21, 2007
long beach
well i tried blocking off the hose from the old BOV didn't work, tried using a T connector to connect the stock and Tial doesn't work. Well i heard i can get a hks VPC and fix the problem

i don't know if it will work since this car is basically a learning car for me.

yeah I know learn then get a new one or just do it right the first time..hard to do that when I don't know what I'm doing