Need help identifying some twin turbo's on a 1JZ

gtepowerplant

A 1/4 pounder at a time
Jan 3, 2010
Palm Beach, FL
I found a 1J for sale local and these HKS turbos are on the motor right now. The guy selling it thinks it is the stock twins but I know it is not. There was a small tag on the front one that said 608-T or something to that effect, it was very small and was not very clear, I could barely read what it said and that was my best guess.

There are 2 turbos, in the stock location on a stock looking manifold, it did not apprear to be an aftermarket manifold.

Can anyone tell me if these were a kit that was made for the 1JZ or something someone fabricated up and stuck on here? Are they worth anything HP wise, meaning are they an upgrade from my stock twins or just a waste of time.

The housing says HKS on it and it was manufactured by garrett, that is as much as I can tell you about them.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

Attachments

• 1JZ 001.JPG
    1JZ 001.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 1JZ 003.JPG
    1JZ 003.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 96

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Well, it's obviously an HKS upgrade, outside of that details might be a bit hard to track down.

Damn nice find though, worth buying if only for the setup IMHO...

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
id buy them they look a lil bigger then the stock twins and i look at alot of hks kits never seen that turbo kit before so plus 1 on them been rare

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
did eles anyone notice the "garrett" stamped on the back? Been a while since Ive seen a set of stock twins but I dont remember seeing that on mine.

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
iv had that turbo kit before its a nice upgrade to the stock twins your looking at a max of 500hp they dont have ceramic wheels you can boost the piss out of them, youll need to make a custom y pipe as it isnt the same as the stock twins.

its the low budget hks twin trubo kit that sold for like 2500 new not alot of kits sold so its some what rare.

those manifolds use the t25 flange they are basicly gt25s nothing special you can get the gt28r's and make some custom piping as a upgrade for even more power.

also that flywheel looks like it was part of a twin disk clutch.. looks kinda like my hks twin disk flywheel.. buy it before someone else buys it id even be half tempted to pull the valve covers to see if you got any cool cams.

gtepowerplant

A 1/4 pounder at a time
Jan 3, 2010
Palm Beach, FL
Thanks for the details Matt. I appreciate your insite and knowledge.

Slow_Sc3;1492777 said:
iv had that turbo kit before its a nice upgrade to the stock twins your looking at a max of 500hp they dont have ceramic wheels you can boost the piss out of them, youll need to make a custom y pipe as it isnt the same as the stock twins.

its the low budget hks twin trubo kit that sold for like 2500 new not alot of kits sold so its some what rare.

those manifolds use the t25 flange they are basicly gt25s nothing special you can get the gt28r's and make some custom piping as a upgrade for even more power.

also that flywheel looks like it was part of a twin disk clutch.. looks kinda like my hks twin disk flywheel.. buy it before someone else buys it id even be half tempted to pull the valve covers to see if you got any cool cams.