Need help for 1jz swap

Edmundas

Feb 16, 2009
Klaipeda
Hello i`m planing to do 1jz swap for my 87 mk3 supra. i know that i need to change crossmember to a 89+ and i already have it. but know im thinking will 1jz from soarer will fit in without any problems or will i have to change motor mount or are they all same in 1jz supras and 1jz soarer.
Thanks for help. :1zhelp:

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Edmundas;1250658 said:
Hello i`m planing to do 1jz swap for my 87 mk3 supra. i know that i need to change crossmember to a 89+ and i already have it. but know im thinking will 1jz from soarer will fit in without any problems or will i have to change motor mount or are they all same in 1jz supras and 1jz soarer.
Thanks for help. :1zhelp:

uuuuuggggg, please search.

Get motor mounts from BIC and I'm pretty certain that you'll have to get another oil pan (rear sump). Also, unless you have a R154 bell housing already, you'll need to purchase assuming that you're going/keeping your 5-speed.

You don't have to extent your harness, drill a hole in the firewall. Search for the location and you'll find threads about it.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
if you just get bic motor mounts sold by bicperformance or driftmotion you won't need a crossmember swap. also a 1j soarer will work like the 1j supra, i have a 1j soarer in my mkIII