need help could my walbro be going dead?

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Had the same problem. I threw code 31 too. I replaced the map sensor and it runs perfect now.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
86_sports_1jz;1413193 said:
i was thinking map sensor because when i unplugged my map sensor there was no affect on the way my car was running.

Toua,

When I was 1JZ on stock electronics I would disconnect the MAP, and the entire car would run like crap. All of the sensors share one ground, and it might be a grounding issue from the ECU. Have you verified all the brown grounds off the ECU are secure? Have you tried wiring the MAP sensor straight to the ECU and bypass the harness? I remember when I got my harness from a reputable wiring solution place in Georgia, the wires on the TPS were not in the proper places... I am just saying, even though you looked through the wiring, it might not hurt to check those specific things again. I found other wiring issues with mine after the TPS. I just went through the entire harness, again and found mistakes. He did a great 90% job. I just wished I did not have to go through a harness I paid an arm and a leg for. Even my Soarer to Supra adapter was missing a wire, so the car would not work. Even the best out there might miss something.

Good luck.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
ok thanks, i am in the process of double checking the wiring harness so if i figure anything out i will let you know

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Yeah I'd double check that e2 is hooked up correctly. Also I've had this sort of thing happen when the crank trigger wheel shift or is bent. At a certain rpm the car will change. Have you put on a timing light and watched when you rev it? The last car I looked at that had the wheel spun a little went atdc at like 2500rpm. ie super rich because of the timing.

Just a thought.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
suprayo;1628455 said:
Any luck?

not yet...

aphxero;1645785 said:
Yeah I'd double check that e2 is hooked up correctly. Also I've had this sort of thing happen when the crank trigger wheel shift or is bent. At a certain rpm the car will change. Have you put on a timing light and watched when you rev it? The last car I looked at that had the wheel spun a little went atdc at like 2500rpm. ie super rich because of the timing.

Just a thought.

okay i will check that but where is the crank trigger wheel and what is it?

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Crank trigger wheel is attached to the timing gear behind the crank pulley. It's worth a look really. I weld them on now so they don't slip.

Torque

Sep 7, 2008
In your home
After reading the entire thread, it seems we have the exact same issue. Hell, we even have the exact same mods. Have you checked to see if the injector resistor crapped out? Thats one of the thing I forgot to check before I lost all my patients and ripped the harness from the car and rewired the whole thing and went stand-alone with all the AEM sensors.