Need help converting 88 to 89 look

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
the bulb holders are different (but should come with the taillights), and you need to drill 2 small holes, just to secure the trim....

only instructions I can give (cause I've changed my taillights to JDM 89 +'s before), is unbolt where there are bolts....

you have to dismantle the rear plastics to get all the bolts by the way, took me 3 hours not knowing what I was doing...

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
hmm quick question. Since everyone says we need a Post 89 nose to put on the Post 89+ bumper right? How about if I have an 87 model but want to put on that Greddy Style front bumper? Would I still need that nose? I know I will need side corner light and grill but how about the nose?

gsmokez

Feb 18, 2007
Brampton, Ontario
o wow am i supposed to be giving out links? i just thought of that well if its not allowed someone let me know. and that site has basically any kind of body kit for your car

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
suprabad said:
l

Pretty universally accepted the 1987-88 front looks best. It has more of a classic "sports" look, and it is the original design. They should have stayed with it.

Don't cry post 88 owners, deep down you know I'm right!:rant2:

I have one of each? :D

Actually, my 91 even has pre-89 turn signals on it now because I like the larger signals even on the 89+ bumper. I think they're both beautiful, but I really like the front end of the pre-89!

Collin

Red7m

Oct 16, 2005
Hollidaysburg PA
If you change to the post89 front and tail upgrad the wing or go wingless. The 1peice wing looks funny with the post89. Same with the 3-peice wing looks funny with the pre89.

gsmokez

Feb 18, 2007
Brampton, Ontario
yeah for sure i want to get the 3 piece wing for the 89+ but thats a pretty straight forward installation so I didn't bother asking wht id need to do it

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Poodles said:
if you like your supra looking like a Celica..

I do.

89+ tails if you like your Supra looking like a Buick.
2001BuicRegalWhite02_fs.jpg

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Red7m said:
If you change to the post89 front and tail upgrad the wing or go wingless. The 1peice wing looks funny with the post89. Same with the 3-peice wing looks funny with the pre89.

This has turned into a pre 89 vs post 89.

Somebody on here, I can't remember who, bought a brown pre 89 NA that was almost showroom condition. He had a bodyshop paint and install an 89+ wing on it and it looked awesome.

I like both but prefer the pre 89 ass.
I love older Celica's BTW. Had an 85 GTS. Sweet.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
86.5 you mean?

only reason why it's the best year is becuase...

1) it sold the most
2) was the lightest

89+ is stronger

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
CryoSlash said:
87 was the best year EVER for the mk3.

100% 1987 front to back!

I love 87 tail lights!

Kramer is right, 89+ tails are Buick-ish looking. I don't for the life of me understand why everybody likes them so much.

To me, trying to make an 87 look 89+ is like putting glasses and a baggy dress on Angelina Jolie.

I think some of you guys are brainwashed. If everybody was hanging coon-tails off their antennas then the majority of you guys would follow suit. There, I said it.

You won't have to bid against me on ebay for 89+ tails or front end.:nono: