Need help choosing a clutch.

artorush

Feb 24, 2009
Oslo
Hello, since my standard clutch is starting to wear out, it's better thing to change to a more powerful one. I have little knowledge to what clutch to chose from. All want is a great clutch who has the feeling as the standard and a little more torque.

Would appreciate a lot of your recommendations. Thanks.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Uh... clutch won't increase power.... a stronger clutch could HOLD more power, but if you aren't making enough power to warrant a stronger clutch, then why spend all that extra money?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Do you plan on more power? Will you be the only one driving the car?

I daily drive my Action Stage 3, but a lot of people have issues trying to drive it...

rj_conerly

Jan 13, 2009
ruffin, nc
For pretty much stock applications I never had a problem with Exedy Street/strip it's not as harsh as a straight strip or racing clutch but it's not as weak as a OEM clutch so to speak and I have one with 10 miles on it if you want pictures and detailes I'm pulling it off tomorrow on the supra that I'm now parting out. But personally I use Exedy on all my cars they are priced lower than ACT and other but last a long time and are strong.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
IJ.;1334356 said:
Either LBS of Tq or Hp either way help the guy with a suggestion or don't post guys.

He lacked info on his current hp and his realistic near future goals...nobody can give him logical answer without this missing info. There is a sticky thread pertaining exactly too this type of question, correct?

Sorry for not answering but he may as well have asked "is it further too Chicago or by bus?"

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Best_Cookie-20.jpg

rj_conerly

Jan 13, 2009
ruffin, nc
See I just took it as he was tring to find a good reliable brand for a daily driver. True so brands specialize in high horse power applications but this is a general post so to me that means he just wants a general answer.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
if your pressure plate and flywheel is in good condition, just get a new 6 puck disc or a full face disc with a cermaic face, it will hold more power then stock and it all depends on how much power you want it to hold.