Need Help asap! Tranny fluid Change

huntin5L

Mar 31, 2005
Niles, IL
Well i got this far. Drained the tranny fluid, now im gonna take most people's advice on the board and go ahead and fill it through the shifter. Now in this picture you will see one of the four bolts that i think i need to take off. Now, after all four of these bolts come off, will the shifter pop up and also isn't the shifter on a lever of some kind. If so how do i get it back on. Any help would be much appreciated.

ryans_supra

Mar 31, 2005
Burnaby
see the little rubber cover at the base of the shifter. Pull that off and there will be four bolts in there that you remove to pull the shifter out. the bolt you have shown there is not required to remove. good luck

Last edited:

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
make sure its in neutral. pull off the SMALL rubber boot and there will be four more bolts. take those out and pull the shifter right out.

if you cant do this, then you shouldnt be wrenching on your car.

huntin5L

Mar 31, 2005
Niles, IL
sorry forgot to go back on here. It is done. Just wanted to make sure i had all the accurate information. Didn't want to mess anything up and plus im working without a repair manual here so the things that were described to me was all i had to work off of.