Need help ASAP, DIFFERENT BHG question

JtWo

Sniper
Apr 10, 2005
Bay Area
Yes, I HAVE searched about 3 times using different terms. (BHG Blown head gasket, bhg parts list, bhg repair)

Now, My question doesn't have to do with the hard parts(I have them)

But my question is what chemicals do I need? Such as applicants, grease, glueish thingies...I'm using an OEM gasket with ARPs

I'm doing the swap TONIGHT and need the car by sunday, so ANY help at all would be GREATLY appreciated.

PS. I tried searching SF but they don't have a search button anymore ;[

Last edited:

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
The ARP's come with the required anti-seize in the box. Im sure other people can tell you about the rest...I didnt do mine myself.

JtWo

Sniper
Apr 10, 2005
Bay Area
Uhh.... I have 500RTV high heat silicone sealant. Is that good enough? BTW, can you suggest some brands I should go for? If not, I'm just gonna ass out and get the cheapest shit I can find.

PS. How long do I let the car sit til I can drive?

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
For the ARP bolts, ^^^is right, you have to use moly lube. You can also use engine assembly lube on the bolts, it is basically the same stuff.

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
I just finished my HG and i used a stock HG with arp studs...but im also N/A. A friend here in town did his with a stocker HG and used arp studs just like me and with his 60-1 trim hes running 10psi and hasnt had any problems.

JtWo

Sniper
Apr 10, 2005
Bay Area
I just bought the following

5qts Oil
2 gallons of coolant
Gasket Remover Spray
Gasket Sealant Spray
Assembly Lube
and a Gasket Scraper
Marlboro Red 100's(Haha I need them for tonights stress -_-)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
New oil filter? Brake clean spray... EVERY job needs some of that. Other than that, sounds like you have it covered.

Don't worry about the search police, we basically don't have them. I mean, we do appreciate it when you spend the effort to try to find the information yourself, but if someone were to reply with "Hey, why don't you use the F**KING search button, asshat?", we would slap them down but FAST.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
DONT FORGET THE GOJO, that job gets greesy and gross quick. Get some tubs and lots of paper towels, and if it helps some masking tape to label the vacuum hoses. Other than that just make sure to smother your parts in molly lube while you put it together.

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
chriso said:
For the ARP bolts, ^^^is right, you have to use moly lube. You can also use engine assembly lube on the bolts, it is basically the same stuff.
Use the Moly lube supplied with the bolts (my studs came with it) and follow the instructions provided by arp.

JtWo

Sniper
Apr 10, 2005
Bay Area
Holy shit, after taking apart alot of the engine, it seems like the previous owner didn't use many gaskets!