Need Assistance Shifting RPM / MAP Axis Points

kmfdmk

Old School Cool
Yes I searched in the MAFT-Pro sub section already.

I know v5.03 of Maft-PRO allows you to change the RPM & MAP axis points. However when I changed them in the BIN/front-end it simply changed the label on the VE Table in TunerPro RT. Even after turning off & re-enabling ALDL Tracing, the same cells were being highlighted, so it appears editing the values from the BIN/front-end/double clicking on them didn't work for me. I did some research and discovered that it seems the XDF Files need to be edited. I tried to select the MAP Axis, then F2 to Edit XDF Item, however it's grayed out and I can't change it.

I want to get rid of the 7600 rpm column and add one @ 3100rpm. And I'm going to nix the 280, 300, & 320 kpa rows on the MAP axis so I can add a 30kpa, 47kpa, and 54kpa rows. Basically I want to shift the axis' so that I have more points of control right around where I'm cruising. I have an annoying lean out on partial-throttle cruise when off load. (gets to around 15.5 to 16.5 AFR).

I can post BIN, ADL, ADS, XDF etc. if needed, however simply getting these changes made to the axis is all I need.

Thanks in advance,

Rusty.

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
Post up your current files.

The user axis function for the VE table is straightforward to enable. The Table is the same, but by selecting SD User Axis for the airflow mode, the alternate axes are used.

I will tweak your files if you post them up.

Grim is running the user axes, he can post his input as well.

Bob

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
I suggest you upgrade to 5.22 if you haven't already. I have tried playing with the axes on 5.11 and earlier and it never saved properly. Once you do a download from the 'Pro to Tunerpro, the values would be screwed up... often all the same number for the whole axis. After I upgraded to 5.22, everything has been fine with the downloading.

kmfdmk

Old School Cool
It seems pretty straight forward. I upgraded to v5.22, I see the SD User-Axis, under the Config setting. What needs to be modified after switching to SD User-Axis from the standard Speed Density?

http://kmfdmk.com/supras/TPro500Vehicle0 sparkbase 15.xdf
http://kmfdmk.com/supras/TPRO500.ads
http://kmfdmk.com/supras/2010-06-13_shifted_RPM_&_MAP.bin

The ADS, and XDF files are the default ones that I got from FullThrottleTech's files section.

Despite the warning in the XDF, is it just as simple as changing the values listed for the X & Y labels?

I only ask because I want to be able to do it myself and not rely on and hassle/ask others to do shit for me that I should be able to do myself.

Now,

I DO see how I can Right-Click to Show the XDF Editor toolbar. Then I can Left Click once to select the VE Table MAP Axis from the Tables/Functions sub-window. After selecting that, I can click on the XDF Editor toolbar and select the View/Edit XDF Item Properties. From there it brings up another window, in which I can choose the next tab over called Rows, and it has a scroll edit box with Row Labels, all of which have a value of (null). However I'm not sure if this is right. I don't wanna just change the label, I want to actually have the MAFT-PRO drop the 7600 column, shift half the table values to the right and give me a column right in the middle @ 3100. etc etc.

LMK if you need any other files.

+++++++++++

Edit. NICE... FINALLY my MAFT-PRO remembers the last screen it was on, and I don't have to go back to Sensor Monitor manually EVERY damn time. It hasn't done that since v4.65 for me.

Last edited:

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
Here's what my Tunerpro (4.14.0381) looks like... hope this helps.

AFAIK, you cannot "shift" colums or rows here. It's not as smart as Excel. You'll need to change the column and row numbers as you see fit, and then manually change the numbers for each affected point in the table.

Attachments

• JR-tunerpro-w-522&#.jpg
    JR-tunerpro-w-522&#.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 12

kmfdmk

Old School Cool
The problem I'm having is that despite the Matt being configured for SD User-Axis, and having edited the Xdf and row labels and then modifying my BIN and uploading it is that ALDL Tracing is not correctly highlighting the cell it should be looking at. I'm trying to add more fine control in the low end, by adding more MAP rows down low. So as I throttle up, the ALDL Tracing should move quicker down low/move around more since there are more rows added now.

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
kmfdmk;1593889 said:
The problem I'm having is that despite the Matt being configured for SD User-Axis, and having edited the Xdf and row labels and then modifying my BIN and uploading it is that ALDL Tracing is not correctly highlighting the cell it should be looking at. I'm trying to add more fine control in the low end, by adding more MAP rows down low. So as I throttle up, the ALDL Tracing should move quicker down low/move around more since there are more rows added now.

TunerPro 4 has a bug in the data tracing stuff. If you want to change the user axes. You have to do it in a couple spots so that the data tracing will work.

Once you set the axis settings, and select SD User Axis for the airflow source, you need to F2 on the VE table and set the axis labels back to External and put your new axis values in there. Data tracing only looks at the external settings for the axes, not the internal links.TP4 axis labels..jpg

Bob

kmfdmk

Old School Cool
Oddly enough that's what they were set to and it's still misbehaving. I tried to edit the ADS Definition file to correctly reflect a Max of 260 kpa instead of 320, and afterwards ALDL wouldn't connect, and I had to restart TUNERPRO, with the original ADS to get it to reconnect.

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
Yes, there is another bug in TunerPro 4, it sets the baud rate incorrectly in the ADS. If you edit the ADS, you then need to close TP, open the ADS file in Notepad (or equivalent) and change the baud rate to 19200.

But the ADS does nothing to control the floating yellow box. Tunerpro figures out which box to light based on the data selected in the correlation settings of the XDF, and the axis tags I mentioned above.

Bob