Need a pic of JB 1

ill Z

Back on the Grind
Mar 18, 2007
USA
Pretty self explanitory, prefer cover to be removed. I'm looking at the alternator connection specifically. Seems to be just a wire I want to verify if the prior owner didn't rig this up, or did Toyota really half ass this one.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
That'd be the fuse box under the hood on a pre-89, correct? It should be a black fusible link. I replaced mine with a 100 amp standard enclosed fuse. It bolts in place, so you have to pull that part of the fuse box apart(easy to do, just don't remember how), unbolt the fusible link, and bolt the fuse it. You can get a 100 amp. fuse, with straight legs and predrilled holes, at most parts stores.

ill Z

Back on the Grind
Mar 18, 2007
USA
Indeed, JB 2. Thanks JJ, that post was made "pre-coffee in the am."

Cuel

TY for the guidance, not certain what you mean by pre drilled holes though. Could you elaborate for me?

Last edited:

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Assuming you're talking about the fusible link for the alternator he's talking about a replacement that can be bought at any auto store. It has drilled holes for bolting the connections onto. Go to the store and look for fuses 40 amps and above. You'll see what we're getting at.

And you're still corn-fused: I think you meant pre-coffee. Either that or you need to switch to decaf ;)