need a good turbo outlet gasket.. suprasport?

TurboTarga

Sep 12, 2012
Tumwater, WA
so i have an exhaust leak that's beginning to annoy me. i can smell exhaust in the cabin pretty much all the time, and when i put my downpipe on we just reused the old gasket from the stock exhaust. couldn't find much on details about good replacements though, and obviously Toyota thinks its a pretty important gasket cause the guy at my local stealership quoted me $72 for just the gasket!

so been looking around and Suprasport has 2 gaskets they sell that would do the job, with a $8 price difference

http://www.suprasport.com/LIPP-Stainless-Steel-HFTE-Gasket_p_179.html

http://www.suprasport.com/LIPP-Turbo-Outlet-Flange_p_21.html

both made by LIPP, would it be worth it to spend the extra $8 for the stainless one, or are there any other cheaper, better alternatives for replacing it?

Thanks for any input, and i have no interest in making my own gasket, would need one that is already done.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Two different things. The gasket is a gasket, meant to go between the turbo and whatever you bolt to it. The flange is meant to be a start to making something to bolt to the turbo, which needs the gasket.

Supra mn

Oct 10, 2012
Jacksonville/Nebraska
I thought driftmotion sold them, but after looking on their website, I can't seem to find them.
I know they send you a couple when you buy their downpipe, so maybe you could contact them and see if they'd sell you one separately?
That or just buy the one from suprasport. Interesting that the gasket cost more than the flange..

TurboTarga

Sep 12, 2012
Tumwater, WA
okay thanks for the feedback guys i haven't had a chance to take a real good look underneath to see if anything else is leaking, that's just my suspicion that it's that gasket cause i can smell exhaust when i've got the hood open too, and it's strongest where the turbo meets the downpipe. and i've only got an open downpipe, not a full 3" yet so ill take a look at the downpipe and make sure that everything else is good to go first. i hate spending money when it turns out i didn't need to lol.

and the toyotapartszone.com place i've bought from before they have some good stuff, definitely beats paying for stealership prices

TurboTarga

Sep 12, 2012
Tumwater, WA
and it sealed correctly cause when we first put it on it was totally fine and i didn't smell a thing except in the morning when i let it warm up, but the gasket was real fragile iirc and a couple other gaskets i've replaced since i got it up and running have totally fallen apart on me too. when i bought the car i think it had been sitting for a good part of its life cause it only had 96k on it and everything was original, even the plugs and plug wires... so that's probably the reason for the gasket decay