Need 1JZ-GTE A/C compressor part # or info

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
Got my 1JZ in the shop for a number of minor issues. Mechanic says evaporator & compressor are both shot. 7M evaporator, but uncertain about the compressor. Called Champion Toyota & spoke with Jeff Watson, but he was uncertain whether the 1JZ & 2JZ shared A/C compressors.

Mechanic is going to pull the compressor & look for a part # stamped on it. In the meantime, can anyone tell me if the 1JZ/2JZ compressors are identical/interchangeable? Or any other Toyo/Lexus model a direct fit for the 1JZ?

Promise, I used the search feature, but did not find quite what I needed. Closest info I saw was for engine swap purposes, swapping the 7M pulley onto the 1JZ'z compressor. Since I need a whole new compressor, need to know where to start.

Thanks in advance.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
1JZ: 88320-14570

p1547098_1.jpg

2JZ: 88320-14600
superseded by P/N:88320-1460084

p1547098_2.jpg

As you can see they are different.

Now please verify this info with someone else before acting on it because I've only heard it through rumor. But apparently the 2JZ compressor will work but you need to swap the compressor head (Valve body), and replace the o-ring. Again, receive verification on this.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
You will need the 7M compressor head and bolt it to the 2JZ compressor. That is the only way it will work. You might have to change the belt as it might be a little bit small because the 2JZ compressor has a larger pulley but it should be fine, just check the tension on the belt.

Let you mechanic know, order a 2JZ compressor but change the head, the piece that the lines bolt to before sending the compressor back as a core.