Nearly Free Supra Shell, hmmm.......

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
87.5 turbo chassis pearl white, burgandy interior, no motor, trans, driveshaft, no spoiler.

Part it out, or make a drag car out of it? it does come with block and pistons and what not but no turbo or accessories or anything. Im sure most people are going to say part it out, but wanted some opinions. I have no rent, girlfriend, or a hobby besides cars, so the point of not having time for this car is out the window. Once i do the 5spd swap on my daily i will have a A340E that i could rebuild and toss in there. I also have plenty friends that i could get chev rear ends, ford 9", friends who weld, plus the money i could make off parting anything i dont need.

throw ideas at me.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Drag car sounds like a real fun plan but WILL add up very quickly. Even though the shell is nearly free, the engine components/rebuild alone will be thousands, then theres turbo, fuel, suspension... Yea it adds up quick. I'd ask Slow66 on that one.

But you have the time, and if you have the money, I'd say go for it.

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
i have unlimited time and work at a parts store, car will be stored at grandmas......... im gunna have to PM Slow66

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
ideas, suggestions? have i heard correctly that you must have a dash and some kind of door panels to race?

Last edited:

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
89Turbo said:
ideas, suggestions? have i heard correctly that you must have a dash and some kind of door panels to race?

A "dash" can consist of a sheetmetal wall with some gauges cut into it.

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
themadhatter said:
why not build a roadracer if your not interesed in a drag car or maybe built an scca solo 2 car

someday i plan on turning my 89 DD into a roadracer but i know alot of people in the drag racing scene and its just easier for me to get into

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
*yawn* lame drag car.

I say pick your favorite club racing class and race it in that, if you're going to build it into something purpose built.