National Gaurd

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
specifically for WI, although that probably doesn't matter. Lack of jobs and or interest in the same shitty ones anyway, looking into other options. Who's in it, what do you think? What are my chances of ending up in Iraq I really don't want to go to fight in another country all that bad.

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
SupraOfDoom;1315963 said:
specifically for WI, although that probably doesn't matter. Lack of jobs and or interest in the same shitty ones anyway, looking into other options. Who's in it, what do you think? What are my chances of ending up in Iraq I really don't want to go to fight in another country all that bad.

If you're worried about the lack of local work, or interest in them I would suggest going active duty and forget about the one weekend a month and two weeks in the summer. Also, we are at war. You WILL go fight in another country.

redsox13_36

Jun 20, 2007
UT
depends on the unit... national guard has a 3 year rotation... but like they said if you're really worried about jobs go active, cause they have all kinds of benefits. its definitely worth looking into. but going active from what my drill sergeants (just finished basic in april) you'll deploy in 6 months to a year after basic, depending on mos and unit

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
rakkasan;1316331 said:
If you don't want to deploy, then don't join. If I happened to be your squad leader, I would chew you up and chapter you.....

LOL! Damn, no mercy. I wish they would chew up and chapter the fat bodies who come in every month saying that they joined a gym yet no there is no PT improvement what so ever...

And, yes if you pick a combat MOS you'll be heading to Afghanistan. Which has been more dangerous than Iraq for the past 3-4 years. I'm due for round two at the end of this year. Can't wait actually! Why? BECAUSE I'M FREAKING INSANE!!!!!!111!1!

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
I'm joining marines in sept (after i get all my bogus tickets beat that crap comes in waves lol) can't wait for any of it. even looking forward to the gas chamber test at basic. going in as recon hopfully go for sniper but we'll see how that goes.(I've always been a naturally good shot)

ut89supra

Feb 6, 2008
Texas Fort Hood
what MOS are you thinking of doing My cousin has been in the army for 3 years never been deployed he is a intel anylist. I am sure I will shortly after I get out of basic I leave in september.

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
nice your leaving the same time as me lol you going army like your cousin?

ut89supra;1316689 said:
what MOS are you thinking of doing My cousin has been in the army for 3 years never been deployed he is a intel anylist. I am sure I will shortly after I get out of basic I leave in september.

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
whenmunkysfly;1316673 said:
I'm joining marines in sept (after i get all my bogus tickets beat that crap comes in waves lol) can't wait for any of it. even looking forward to the gas chamber test at basic. going in as recon hopfully go for sniper but we'll see how that goes.(I've always been a naturally good shot)

your recruiter is feesding you a line telling you your going in as recon. you can go in recon eligiable, meaning you meat the the minimum requirements of asvab score,security clearance and pft score. you will try out for recon during SOI at the indoc. you pass you get to go across the river to school. you fail you go to a unit and try again later. i speak from experiance i was a recon scout sniper for 2 and a half years.

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
no he didn't tell me I was going in as recon thats just what i wanna do...i will pass and my asvab is in the 90+ percential.

thanks for your info though got a question how hard is it to get recomended for sniper? is that really the only way to go to sniper school by recomendation

edit: also what would affect your clearance?

tbcmorris;1316702 said:
your recruiter is feesding you a line telling you your going in as recon. you can go in recon eligiable, meaning you meat the the minimum requirements of asvab score,security clearance and pft score. you will try out for recon during SOI at the indoc. you pass you get to go across the river to school. you fail you go to a unit and try again later. i speak from experiance i was a recon scout sniper for 2 and a half years.

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
hope regular traffic tickets don't effect me too much cuz cops love me and my cars lol and I'm good on the dv and arrests

tbcmorris;1316775 said:
arressts, tickets, domestic violemce, and yes you have to be hand picked for scout sniper school.

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
I was looking into the air force for a long time and was actually told i was eligable. now i am in my last month of high school and i went back to talk to the people 3 days ago and they told me that they are not accepting waivers because i need one for preexisting cancer and to come back in 2 years.

so i went next door to the army and i should be completely signed up in about 3 or 4 months, just need to pay off a traffic ticket

please dont ask me why the army, dont tell me im making a bad choice, i really dont care for an opinion on where to join anymore, the army is the only branch that will accept me. therefore the only branch i have in mind... sorry i just kinda feel it coming

btw, anybody know how long it takes after enlistment to get sent to basic???

well back on topic.. i thought in the national guard you dont have to leave the country

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
sparkplug619;1319114 said:

well back on topic.. i thought in the national guard you dont have to leave the country

They will tell you at MEPS when you are going to ship out for basic. It could be the next week, or three months from when you take the oath. You can ask them for a quick ship.

And, yeah, the national guard does the same damn thing as the regular army. Also known as going to war.

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
CTsupra;1319145 said:
They will tell you at MEPS when you are going to ship out for basic. It could be the next week, or three months from when you take the oath. You can ask them for a quick ship.

And, yeah, the national guard does the same damn thing as the regular army. Also known as going to war.

thanks.. because my friend in the air force said it took them almost 1 full year to send him to basic and another 2 months to send him to advanced and i think thats too long to have to wait around

ut89supra

Feb 6, 2008
Texas Fort Hood
sparkplug619;1319114 said:
I was looking into the air force for a long time and was actually told i was eligable. now i am in my last month of high school and i went back to talk to the people 3 days ago and they told me that they are not accepting waivers because i need one for preexisting cancer and to come back in 2 years.

so i went next door to the army and i should be completely signed up in about 3 or 4 months, just need to pay off a traffic ticket

please dont ask me why the army, dont tell me im making a bad choice, i really dont care for an opinion on where to join anymore, the army is the only branch that will accept me. therefore the only branch i have in mind... sorry i just kinda feel it coming

Right now alot of the training spots are full thats why I dont ship till sept. the army is a great choice heck any branch is really a good choice. what job MOS are you looking at I am sighned up as a 19Kilo M1 Abrams Crew Member.

Wendigo

Ericsplosion
Jul 25, 2005
New Paltz NY
Ah..... the "Should I join?" thinger. I've been in the service almost 17 years now, best thing I could have done for myself. You want to join? Well, why? and what do you want to do? Earn a paycheck and not get hurt? Stay away from the Marines and Army, go with the Air Force or Navy. Wanna do cool shit? just the opposite. Wanna be Spec ops/ sniper/ hardcore? Don't trust a recruiter to say that's where you're going. Do your homework. Be in shape. Just because you think you can shoot well doesn't make you sniper material.... There's way more than that to it. Don't wanna deploy overseas? Don't join. Wanna get out of your hometown? Join. I suggest you stretch your world out, and your mind, and your body.

Lol....... going to Fort Knox Jeremy? That's where I went to basic!!