Name that plug! 2jz, JDM.

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
So ordered up a 2jz for my swap, and came missing a couple things, couple plugs and vsv's broken ect.
So I've got a couple plugs that come off the harness and not sure where they all go.
So here we go:

First one, exhaust side of engine, next to intake and the VSV to the left of the intake. Black plug, 2 wires.

The rest are all on the intake mani side, behind the manifold come off the main harness.
We've got 5 plugs on this side, 1 cut plug.
Black, 2 wire plug, with red and green wires.

Grey, 10 pin, 9 wires

Black, 2 wire, blue and yellow wires

Grey 2 wire, black and white

Black 8 wire plug.

And the cut one has a blue with yellow stripe, blue with red stripe, and a red with blue stripe wires. I'm assumming, but hoping it isn't, my map sensor plug?

Here's the pictures for the intake side

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
First one is a VSV for the Intake valve for the sequential. iirc (or the boost solenoid, but i think thats in the picture).

If the other ones are all tied together (looks like it from the pics) they're for the stock auto transmission.

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
tissimo;1114266 said:
First one is a VSV for the Intake valve for the sequential. iirc (or the boost solenoid, but i think thats in the picture).

If the other ones are all tied together (looks like it from the pics) they're for the stock auto transmission.

That would make sense, there's a vacuum line hanging there not plugged in as well if I remember correctly.

That was kind of what I was thinking as well with all those plugs, but I'm still wondering about the MAP sensor, because it should be detached from the engine correct?

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
kylefoto;1114289 said:
That would make sense, there's a vacuum line hanging there not plugged in as well if I remember correctly.

That was kind of what I was thinking as well with all those plugs, but I'm still wondering about the MAP sensor, because it should be detached from the engine correct?

No, your map sensor is bolted to the intake manifold on the 2jz. You can see it in your pics.

LilRedSupra

Soupy
May 8, 2006
Louisville, Ky
Hell all of the auto sensor and TT vsv sensors and junk wiring I traced back to the ECU and depinned them all. I have taken the harness to just wires alone, kinda makes it easier to see what you are dealing with IMO!

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
LilRedSupra;1114589 said:
Hell all of the auto sensor and TT vsv sensors and junk wiring I traced back to the ECU and depinned them all. I have taken the harness to just wires alone, kinda makes it easier to see what you are dealing with IMO!

Most of the auto will be going by by since I'm going 5 spd, but the TT VSV control the wastegates if I'm not mistaken?

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
kylefoto;1114594 said:
Most of the auto will be going by by since I'm going 5 spd, but the TT VSV control the wastegates if I'm not mistaken?

Yea, some of them. There are a total of 4 VSVs for the sequential turbos. Two are Wastegate VSVs that control the boost and the other two control the valves in the sequential system.