na tach convert to turbo tach

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I did my swap and now i want to do the conversion for the na tach to work with the car now. I took the board out, but my questions to those that have done it, where do you guys buy the resistors and which one do i know to buy?
Here is a picture of the board it self with the corresponding resistors need to be changed out.

http://www.4cefed.com/tech/natachchanges.jpg

I have searched and ask Dr.Jonez and used the sites he had given me to try and find the right resistors but with no luck. I know many have done it, maybe im not searching right but those that remembered where they bought theirs please help me out.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
skip all that bullshit, just snatch a turbo tach from the junkyard..

cluster is super easy to remove, and there are maybe 10 or 12 screws you need to loosen up to free the cluster, and a few more screws to free the tach..

it swaps right into place, plugs in and works perfectly..

I was going to rewire my NA tach, but I found it much much MUCH easier to swap in the turbo tach..

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
RazoE;1257699 said:
skip all that bullshit, just snatch a turbo tach from the junkyard..

cluster is super easy to remove, and there are maybe 10 or 12 screws you need to loosen up to free the cluster, and a few more screws to free the tach..

it swaps right into place, plugs in and works perfectly..

I was going to rewire my NA tach, but I found it much much MUCH easier to swap in the turbo tach..

2nded. Don't go through a headache when you can just put in a stock part quite easily.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
ya but finding a turbo car at the junkyards is kinda rare at most places.

maybe try a electronics store.

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
its not that hard to swap.. If you have any sort of electronics knowledge it doesn't take that long, I've done it on my own car and a few locals... I believe I only charged them 25 bucks or so. Takes me around a half hour to do the whole thing.

Go into radio shack, they don't have all the values you need in 1/4 watt, 1/2 watt works just fine, for the 130k wire a 100k and a 33k in series, the 3k over doesn't make a difference because it stays in the tolerance. second one is just a single 560k, third one is just a single 15k, and the last one you wire a 33k and a 5.6k in series and that will put you in tolerance for the last value.

Last edited:

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
I bought a turbo tach from someone on here when I did my GTE swap, and that saved me a lot of time. (I can't remember what I spent, but I know it wasn't much). The tachs are easy to swap, and are plug and play when done.

If you decide to swap tachs, just post a thread in the WTB section and I'm sure someone will have one to sell ya.