NA-T questions!

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I know this topic has been talked over SO many times but I am about to do a 7MGTE swap over to my NA and i have few questions to ask before the final swap.

My motor:
89 7MGE AUTO

Motor Swap from:
5 Speed 7MGTE 89+

My cousin is keeping the r154 so i have to stick to my Auto for now. So i have a list that i will need to purchase prior to the swap.

_89 turbo ECU ( unless i can use the one that is on the car.)
_89 auto trans ECU
_89+ auto engine wireharness ( unless i can use the wireharness on the car and somehow hack to to work)
_ If i use my stock NA tach i will need to do this converson
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58639 and get my self an aftermarker boost gauge.
_Another oil cooler. The one on the car seem like it took a dump on me.

That is all i can think of for now. This is my first time to swap over a turbo motor so im not sure how things are done. And the car is from a 5spd over to an auto. Another thing, i think my 89 is one of the ealier 89 so the wireharness may still have them yellow plugs. Where can i look really quick to find out what color are my plugs so i can buy the right harness for my swap. Im going to do this with my cousin at home so everything will be done by us.

Thanks a lot guys.
Duy

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
5spd to auto is usually a bitch... my suggestion is to buy the R154 or something and use it.. it would be silly to not... you could even use the W-58 if you dont drive like a menace. seems more of a hassle then its worth.

also... i think the driveshaft for an auto/ manual may be different lengths.. so you would have to keep that in mind as well.