NA and Turbo Heads

mk3supreme

Hoes Anyone?
Jun 27, 2005
Los Angeles
Are the NA and turbo heads the same? I believe someone told they are the same but I'm not sure, I was thinking of buying one for my 87 turbo and putting on.

N

NDBoost

you only need to do exhaust side cam, not sure about the actual increase in power. you might get better throttle response or something like that..

DEFIANT 7M

101MM stroke of INSANITY!
Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
To be honest the debate on the cam increase of power, will have you reading for hours. For all praticle purpose the heads are the same.

bensn8

Oct 6, 2005
Guam
^
Yah, to my understanding, the exh cams are the same. The intake only moves the power band up on the scale but does not increase horsepower. This is all from what I have been reading from all the other post on the subject. I don't know how true it is though as I haven't changed out the cam to find out.

Aug 13, 2005
Alberta
I bought a rebuilt head from clear water cylinder-head. When I asked they said that there is no difference between the two heads. They had measured the cams, valves, clearences and all that. They told me they found no differnece at all whatsoever. So hope that will help.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around