N/A with oil squirters? Any benefit?

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
I've been playing with Supras for some time now, and as we all seem to, I have collected quite the stockpile of parts. My 88 N/A is in need of a rebuild thanks to a slightly loose bottom end and bad rings (Both I attribute to sitting for 3 years with a BHG and moisture in the oil before I bought it). I have a spare 7M-GE sitting in the driveway, and left over from a previous project I have a full GTE engine in pieces. My goal is a bulletproof N/A engine that could handle boost if I ever get feeling frisky- Everything mic'd and machined, metal headgasket, ARPs, etc., but what if I used the GTE block end with oil squirters? If I stay N/A will I see any benifit? If I later turbo it, will they really make a difference? Is there a reason that I would not want to run oil squirters on a naturally aspirated motor?

Discuss.

Thanks,
Collin

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Dont be a pussy.. turbo it

my 87 with its magical 7-8 psi feels slower then hell.. I dunno how you could drive a na in traffic without being run over (lol ;) )

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
got_boosted said:
I've been playing with Supras for some time now, and as we all seem to, I have collected quite the stockpile of parts. My 88 N/A is in need of a rebuild thanks to a slightly loose bottom end and bad rings (Both I attribute to sitting for 3 years with a BHG and moisture in the oil before I bought it). I have a spare 7M-GE sitting in the driveway, and left over from a previous project I have a full GTE engine in pieces. My goal is a bulletproof N/A engine that could handle boost if I ever get feeling frisky- Everything mic'd and machined, metal headgasket, ARPs, etc., but what if I used the GTE block end with oil squirters? If I stay N/A will I see any benifit? If I later turbo it, will they really make a difference? Is there a reason that I would not want to run oil squirters on a naturally aspirated motor?

Discuss.

Thanks,
Collin

You're building a single turbo 2J and you want to have an NA 7m build on the side?

You're going to be extremely dissatisfied with the car no matter what you do to the NA. It's not going to be nearly as fast as your 2J and probably wouldn't even be able to touch a mildly modded 7MGTE.

I think you came up with this just out of boredom?

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
^i think boredom is the best answer... hell when i get my ass out of debt i'm thinkin of building my 7M. that is, once.... i get my MKIV

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
everyone stole my idea for a 7m powered mark 4. bastardos.
ValgeKotkas said:
Why isn't anyone answering his question, but telling, how slow the N/A is?
because he has a 2jz, so no way in hell he would be satisfied with a slow N/A... so we are using logic to tell him to stop being dumb ;)

got_boosted

Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
It's a fucking daily driver, and I'm going for reliability... Thanks, assholes. I figured that posting over here on SM would get me some useful and intelligent information, but so far it's nothing but BS. The FIRST reply on SF was serious and helpful.

Building the N/A has NOTHING to do with more power, just reliablity. The MHG and oil squirters would be in case I felt like turboing it in the future.

Collin

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Is someone asking your advice on topic, how slow N/A is? IIRC the topic is about oil squirters on 7MGE or am I mistaken?
^ Nice :)

got_boosted

Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
ValgeKotkas said:
Is someone asking your advice on topic, how slow N/A is? IIRC the topic is about oil squirters on 7MGE or am I mistaken?

Thanks. The others are too busy being children.

I'm VERY aware that there are Hondas faster than my N/A, but it's just a daily, and I'm trying to get some info.

Collin

got_boosted

Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
OneJoeZee said:
Is a stock 7M-GE not reliable enough?

Change the HG, replace old worn out parts, and drive it... Done.

That's the basic idea. My current one came with a BHG and 3 year old moisturized oil. I repaired the BHG and drove it to school for a semester. (Which is what I bought it for.) It uses more oil than a 2 stroke, and it's starting to knock until the oil pressure comes up on cold starts. Yeah, it could be more reliable. ;) I love driving it. The car is still nice. I just want it reliable for everyday abuse and capable of long trips.

Collin

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
ValgeKotkas said:
Still one question seems to remain.... How about oil squirters???

You're not answering anything either, so why complain? :stickpoke

Anyway, alot of people run their NA-T engines (7M and 2J) with GE non oil squirter blocks and do just fine.

got_boosted

Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
OneJoeZee said:
You're not answering anything either, so why complain? :stickpoke

Anyway, alot of people run their NA-T engines (7M and 2J) with GE non oil squirter blocks and do just fine.

I know, but most of them don't have a GTE block sitting around. ;)

Collin