N/A Header Ideas

TRACKMKIII

Banned
Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta,GA
I don't know if this has been done or if it has been thought of but on the way home I was wondering if the header would be more efficient if instead of the 2 end pipes slamming together into 1 using a "Y" pipe just have each end run all the way back, so you would have dual exhaust. So instead of the 6-2-1 configuration just have the 6-2 and then break off into 2 seperate exhaust. My thinking is that when the to ends become one it might create backpressure. I could be completly wrong and the extra piping create more flow restriction? I don't know if this sounds stupid or if someone has already mentioned it, but it was just something that came to me while sitting in traffic!!

DEFIANT 7M

101MM stroke of INSANITY!
Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
TRACKMKIII said:
I don't know if this has been done or if it has been thought of but on the way home I was wondering if the header would be more efficient if instead of the 2 end pipes slamming together into 1 using a "Y" pipe just have each end run all the way back, so you would have dual exhaust. So instead of the 6-2-1 configuration just have the 6-2 and then break off into 2 seperate exhaust. My thinking is that when the to ends become one it might create backpressure. I could be completly wrong and the extra piping create more flow restriction? I don't know if this sounds stupid or if someone has already mentioned it, but it was just something that came to me while sitting in traffic!!
It would work with a balance tube or X crossover. The IS guys are working on that right now. It still ends up a single, but some have duals
4.dat

TRACKMKIII

Banned
Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta,GA
DEFIANT 7M said:
It would work with a balance tube or X crossover. The IS guys are working on that right now. It still ends up a single, but some have duals
4.dat

What kind of performance gains are there? Does the increase in power come from relieving backpressure? If so I think the dual exhaust would be better because the set up in the picture still has the pipes coming together just further back. What do you think? How are you going to run yours? What exactly does the balance tube or x crossover pipe do and where should it be placed in the system?

Last edited:

DEFIANT 7M

Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
TRACKMKIII said:
What kind of performance gains are there? Does the increase in power come from relieving backpressure? If so I think the dual exhaust would be better because the set up in the picture still has the pipes coming together just further back. What do you think? How are you going to run yours? What exactly does the balance tube or x crossover pipe do and where should it be placed in the system?
Just on the header, they are able to pull off 29hp in the IS. It's not so much a back pressure deal. It's more about scavaging, the header is a "pulse firing" one. My exhaust is a 4" single. The crossover is just like the Dr. Gas X pipe.

Last edited:

DEFIANT 7M

Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
stawagrob said:
So, what's up?! How can we get our hands on this header and how much is it gonna cost?!!!! It'd make a great B-day gift for myself!!
The header is not ready yet, should be later this month. The cost is not determained yet.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
would it be at all possible for it to end up in the same location as the turbo DP? this way we could easily use the 3-5 in exhausts made for the turbo that already work. now all we need are people that make ITBs and high comp pistons

DEFIANT 7M

Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
foreverpsycotic said:
would it be at all possible for it to end up in the same location as the turbo DP? this way we could easily use the 3-5 in exhausts made for the turbo that already work. now all we need are people that make ITBs and high comp pistons
No...I'm trying to get this done with little mods on his end to keep cost down. I got the ITBs and pistons covered:icon_bigg

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
i was going for streatable(and no blown MHG) but i can see where 15 PSI could be fun.

cant forget the ported intake manifolds and the y pipe lol

DEFIANT 7M

Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
foreverpsycotic said:
i was going for streatable(and no blown MHG) but i can see where 15 PSI could be fun.

cant forget the ported intake manifolds and the y pipe lol
:biglaugh: No boost here I'm the local psyco check out my 101mm stroked
7MGE thread.