n/a head on a turbo block???

wikdMK3

Apr 29, 2005
Springfield,VA
ok i have an 89 n/a 5speed supra. i was offered a 90 turbo supra 5 speed also for free as a parts car, the owner overheated the engine and the head cracked. i was wondering if it was possible to use the head from my n/a motor for the turbo one?? if not where could i get a used head for cheap??

socc924

Mar 31, 2005
CT and Philly
the N/A head will be fine. If you care to and they are in good condition you could swap the Turbo cams into the N/A head. This is because the heads are the same, but the cams are slightly different. People have actually gain HP by using N/A cams but its argued that the effect are only for low modification setups (skeptical of this). But we wont get into that. Search the cam part if you care, lol.

By the way... I wouldnt just slap a head on that turbo block... you should test it all first because if the head cracked there might be a problem with the block too.

wikdMK3

Apr 29, 2005
Springfield,VA
yea thats tru, im hoping to get the car after the holidays and really tear into it, and tips on build ups. id rather do it with the motor out of the car. im not looking to get extreme hp #'s. looking to be in the 400-500 range. any tips would be great

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
Check if the block is warped or not, What you could do if it is warped is do a hybread and swap all the internalls into your block you just lose oil squirters or just look for turbo another block.

I may also have an extra head thats never been cut for sale,