n/a exhaust

gelboy1015

Vroom Vroom!
Jan 1, 2007
Houston, TX
custom 2.5" setup: stock cat, glasspack as a resonator, and a canister type exhaust. gives a nice rumble at idle, and is real loud when you get on it. sets off car alarms. it does get annoying sometimes, but i have gotten many compliments on its sound. its deep, yet not ricey. pretty much perfect imo, lol.

89supramk3

Feb 1, 2006
arlington tx
LOL Im 3in straight back--- an yeah its loud but so wat lol--- I live n arlington texas- everyday u here are trans-am's an slow GT's blaREin. It's realy nice to have a good tone!! i always get asked ( WTf r u runin dude where can i get it)- ill post a vid :evil2: I dunno in texas u can run whateva u want but just don't be a dick in fron't of the pig's. Im na but about to do the long trial of NA/T but its killa to have this 3in blareing aroung the ugly AGG lol.. well ill do my best with the video--

Why does every DONK!! wanna run my supra???

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Mar 31, 2005
Vienna, VA
Needboost;1538441 said:
sounds like yall have some pretty good setups. anyone thinking bout buying the raptor racing 2.5 n/a exhaust

I'm getting one. I expect it's going to be too loud for me, so I had them slip-fit the resonator rather than weld it in. That way I easily can try a different one later. My cat is original stock.

Asterix

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
Asterix;1539909 said:
I'm getting one. I expect it's going to be too loud for me, so I had them slip-fit the resonator rather than weld it in. That way I easily can try a different one later. My cat is original stock.

Asterix

oh ok let me know how it sounds and looks. this may be a newb question but what would be the diff in weldin in and slip fitting it. dosent this exhaust just bolt to the cat. maybe im just confused about what you sayin.lol

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Mar 31, 2005
Vienna, VA
It still bolts to the cat. There's a smallish muffler/resonator close to the cat before the long pipe that runs back to the large rear muffler. Think of it as two mufflers in the system. The smaller one is pretty much necessary on a non-turbo car, unless you want it loud. If the straight-through resonator makes my car too loud, I want to be able to easily swap in a more restrictive but quieter resonator. See part 17430 in this diagram.

Asterix

87MK111Supra

Jan 19, 2009
San Diego
I posted earlier that I run a 2.5'' Flowmaster for an NA and I'm not using any resonator. They restrict air flow so I went without one and it isn't too loud. It's a good sounding rumble so a resonator can be for personal taste I think.

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
oh ok i understand what you are sayin now. thanks

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

87MK111Supra;1544299 said:
I posted earlier that I run a 2.5'' Flowmaster for an NA and I'm not using any resonator. They restrict air flow so I went without one and it isn't too loud. It's a good sounding rumble so a resonator can be for personal taste I think.

could you possibly put a video up? and do you think a resnator would restrict the flow that much?

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
i have 3in to borla on my N/A and its just wayyy too loud :/ like i used to like it but now it just bothers me. i can get vids up if you want but the drone at highway speeds for a long time will make you go insane.

s-10

supra swapper
Apr 11, 2010
montana
i've been considering a cheapo turbo muffler with a cherry bomb as a resonator for my project, any insight on how that'll sound?

87MK111Supra

Jan 19, 2009
San Diego
I can use my cell phone maybe but it won't be very good quality. I'm not sure if the resonator will restrict it that much but it will restrict it more than regular pipe so I went without it. I think a cherry bomb glasspack would be a good resonator because it is pretty simple and won't restrict that much air flow. I used a cherry bomb Turbo muffler on an old slant six and it sounded good with just that on there.

s-10

supra swapper
Apr 11, 2010
montana
2.5 in all the way for piping... and dual out from the turbo muffler to exit just before rear passenger fenderwell.... that's the plan anyway... it'll probly happen since it's fairly cheap.

Rob_Supra87

87NAPWR
Aug 3, 2008
Millbrae
2.5 inch manaflow catback, I got the catback and install for only 220 haha, it sounds cool when accelerating and revving and driving but when I am going up a hill and in the 2-3k range the drone takes getting used to, I wish I could find a way to bring down the drone but I took the catback to a shop and they said the resonator on it was the biggest that could be on it haha.
25370_1403520008950_1260850815_31178815_4749601_n.jpg

stomis

NA Die Hard
Mar 22, 2010
Jersey Shore
I just got done making mine. Its 2.5in completely from the collector back all bends are non necked down mandrel. Pacesetter header, collector chopped, 2.5in welded to the 2-1 seam instead of 2in back to 2.5in, 2.5in metallic walker cat thats good up to a 460ci motor as they advertise, 18in summit racing glasspack as a resonator, maganaflow muffler.

It should be fairly quiet I think but then again my idea of loud is my trail truck with a 355 sbc longtubes, and 2 feet of pipe on each side dumped.