MYT Engine

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
It's been brought up here before. Search the OT section for Mighty. ;)

It seems like it has genuine potential, but I'm no engineer.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Yup, bio, they tried a blended fuel and said that full bio did even better.

He said in another video (I didn't watch that ^ one) that they were just using the compressed air to put it through the motions since they couldn't run the engine indoors.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
breezing through this awsome if it really works
but never seen them demonstrate it in a car running and on a dyno?
If this works so well why not drive it into a non biased dyno and wouldnt the news and papers jump on it to if it was real.
when looking at the design it is low friction & light frail design but when looking at the switching gear and applying 800FT/LB+ torque looks like it could produce the power but when it would run with that much like the pieces would explode.

looking at the shafts and levers in the piston switching gear it would be like twisting 800+ft/lb torque on a crafstman ratchet not on the gear part but on the shaft would tear are they using titanium/forged ^ Tial compenents? you know how big the journals are on our big engines right ? look at there diagrams all that force is on there switching gear that crosses over from intake/compression/ to combustion/exhaust looks like a 2 stroke deisel design with weak stroke transfer components.

someone also hinted that the amount of force it generates the 2 disc that haves each group of cylinder deviders would be forced apart longitudnal causeing bad leaking.

A rotary is still much simpler haves less friction and even they dont produce the figures they are guessing up i see more flaws but thats just off the top of my head.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Yea, if you think about it...the design of that engine makes more sense than the traditional valve/piston engine...

That seems like a very efficient engine, seems like it would also be capable of insanely high RPM's.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
its entirely possible, but i think they're exaggerating a little with their numbers..

a rotary produces a lot of power, but no torque due to it's tiny displacement..

Im just waiting to see this engine's faults...

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Thats the first time I have seen that. I dont see any reason as to why it wouldn't work, its basically a redesigned Rotary engine of sort.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
RazoE said:
its entirely possible, but i think they're exaggerating a little with their numbers..

a rotary produces a lot of power, but no torque due to it's tiny displacement..

Im just waiting to see this engine's faults...

True to an extent about the torque, not entirely displacement though being that a Rotary's advertised displacment is not truely equivilent to that of a standard piston engine. Remember, a piston engine moves it's complete advertised displacment in two revolutions where as a Rotary does it in one. A Rotary's lack of torque is because it has a very short stroke equivilent compaired to its total displacement.

as for the numbers being exaggerated, possibly, possibly not. I think maybe some, but it does have a relitively large displacement value. The engine effectively has 8 (roughly 26.5CID) chambers and each of those chambers fills and empty's twice in one revolutation. The part that I disagree with the designer is its true displacement value, but then again thats a hole nother topic in itself.

Aug 13, 2005
Alberta
Ok now what about the compression stroke, I dont see how the "pistons" compress the air and fuel. If it is diesel run, the compression stroke would have to be apparent since diesel is ignited through pressure and heat. So how does it compress, any thoughts?

victorw210

Mar 4, 2007
st.charles
Massive_yet_Tiny_patent_6739307_fig1_150.jpg

found this on wikipedia

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
they have an image like that on their site...

are all the cylinders fixed in their arrangement and attached to a shaft? or do those pucks spin around independantly?

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
The pucks (pistons) are fixed in pairs, they alternate so piston #1 and #3 are fixed and #2 and #4 are fixed, but 2 and 4 are independant of 1 and 3. The pistons act as both head and piston, or opposing pistons.