Mystery light gold colored fluid collecting between #1 & #2 lower intake runners

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
head-bottom.JPG

Picture is just for reference to the area I'm referring to. About a half ounce of the mystery liquid collects every 50 miles of driving. The fluid has no smell and no viscosity to it. Very watery and light gold in color. Injectors look dry. No oil dripping from valve cover area. Could the intake manifold be cracked and fuel leak down there. It is really puzzling and driving me nuts. :: angry ::

Any ideas?

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Definitely not coolant or oil. I thought it was water from condensation build-up for the longest time, but it was always gold in color. Then I thought that it was just picking up the color from other crap that was down there. Well, I cleaned up the area spotless and low and behold, still light gold colored liquid. Almost has to be fuel, but I have no idea why it is odorless and feels like water when rubbing between my fingers.

MikeUK

Feb 28, 2016
Teesside, NE England
Mine had fuel here when one of the injector o-rings decided to eat itself, if it's watery in consistency and cold coloured it's more than likely fuel.

Sure you don't have a cold? Heh. It should stink.