My Wannabe Build

Hi, My name is Vang. I always wanted to start up my very own build thread so here it is.
Let me tell you a little about myself. I always wanted a MKIV. It was and still is my dream car ever since I was like 10. I always wanted to own one. My car I got at age 16 was my dad's old Integra LS. I drove that for half a year but my dad would take it to work once in a while since he really likes Integra. One day it was storming and my dad was coming back from and he hydroplaned and crashed the car. Thank god my dad wasn't but the car had front driver end damage and the insurance company wouldn't fix it. So we had a choice to either give the car away to the insurance company for 3300 or keep the car and take only 1100. My dad decided to keep the car because my dad loved that car that much. After the crash, the car sat in the garage. I told my dad to fix it with the insurance money but he never did. So I ended up with no car.

So after a year, I saved enough money to get a new car. My dad said he will go half-half with me. First, I was looking at Acura RSX. But one day after work, my dad told me he saw this very cool car. He took me to go see it the next weekend and it was a white 87 auto Supra. When I saw it I was like ehhh. I like the box style of the car and it looked to be a clean car. Boy was I wrong. I took it for a test drive and it made me want to get it. But after the test drive, my dad starting looking around at the car. He noticed that the underbody was very rusty and there was a rust hole in the spare tire well about 6inches big.

This made my dad not want to buy it. When we got home from that car ride, I searched craiglists all day for the next 3 months looking for a nice clean Supra. And one day I finally found it. It was located in Sun Prairie near Madison. I lived in Milwaukee and once I saw it, I told my dad. When my dad saw it, he instantly fell in love with it. My dad loves the boxy style of the older Japanese cars. His dream car is the Acura NSX. Well the next weekend my dad, my brother in law and I went to Sun Prairie to go look at the car. At the time, I didn't know how to drive manual so my brother in law came. My dad doesn't know either. Well when we went to go see it, it was the cleanest supra MKIII I've ever seen. The only problem it really had was on the front bumper where the grill is on the bottom is broken off with the bottom of the front bumper. Can't really notice it under you go straight too it. Also, the driver side front mud flap was kind of bulging out alittle. We took it for a test drive and 1 hour later, we was driving it home. When the car got home I took started taking picture of my new car.

This was right after we got it home. I had the biggest smile on my face!
p1906881_1.jpg

p1906881_2.jpg

p1906881_3.jpg

p1906881_4.jpg

p1906881_5.jpg

When it got home, I was so happy. For the next week, my brother in law was teaching me how to drive manual in his Integra GSR. After finally 2 weeks, I was good enough to finally drive my car around. At first it was only from here and there, but after a while, I gained enough confidence to drive it everywhere.
Pictures of me 2 years ago.
p1906881_6.jpg

p1906881_7.jpg

p1906881_8.jpg

Last edited:

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
Hey that's a clean mk3 bro... I bought mine when I was 17 like 4 months ago I'm I'm the process of restoring it. I can't wait till I can cruse around on mine lol

Clean car though... There getting very hard to find clean

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
IJ.;1907042 said:
Got as far as "My Name is..." then my brain exploded and I bled from the ears ;)

Are you sure that its not the world ending?

That's a clean mk3 how did you find it in all that snow?

dubsupra209;1907045 said:
That's a clean mk3 how did you find it in all that snow?
I got lucky I guess. It did take forever for a clean one to pop up. Looked forever in almost all the city in Wisconsin until I finally found it.

IJ.;1907042 said:
Got as far as "My Name is..." then my brain exploded and I bled from the ears ;)
My bad IJ, I don't want anybodies to ears to start bleeding because of my thread. :D

Got the Driftmotion exhaust in.
p1922943_1.jpg

p1922943_2.jpg

p1922943_3.jpg

p1922943_4.jpg

p1922943_5.jpg

p1922943_6.jpg

Installation went quite smooth. The only had part was that the muffler was rusted onto the pipe.
p1922943_7.jpg

p1922943_7.jpg

p1922943_9.jpg

p1922943_10.jpg

Had to hit it a couple times with WD-40. After a while of trying to get it off, I snapped both of the bolts and it just came off.
What it look like before
p1922943_11.jpg

I'll it an after picture of it this weekend.
Crappy pictures of it after I got it installed.
p1922943_12.jpg

p1922943_13.jpg

p1922943_14.jpg

p1922943_15.jpg

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Nice and clean supra dude! Are those the saleen reps wheels?

p1923006_1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's odd, same side entry/ exit and the intercooler bars are not vertical?

p1923006_2.jpg

p1923006_2.jpg

Is that the HKS exhaust you had on there?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I just had the DM intercooler installed (not back from shop yet), just curious.. where did you end up putting the coolant overflow bottle and the oil cooler?

Looking at mine with the bumper on, I think I may get an A-Duct (If that's the right name) that would allow airflow through the middle of the bumper. The top half of the intercooler isn't really exposed to any airflow that I can see.