my twin supras

USPturbo89

COONASS MAFIA MEMBER
Nov 2, 2008
M-Town Avoyelles parish La.
ok well i have two 89 supras... one of them is an n/a with an automatic tranny that doesnt run.. well it doesnt start and idk were to start... it turns over and it wnts to run but it just doesnt... but my other supra is a 5spd turbo and it runs but the water pump is cracked and doesnt even hold water in the dang radiator. so im wonderin if i shuld just take off the n/a wp and pu it in my turbo model r just get another wp and replace that 1? well if anyone has some thoughts please feel free to share your thoughts! lol over and out.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
Get a new water pump,timing belt,and all new belts and hoses.While your at it I would do a hole tune up.If you don't know how to do it do a lot of research.Theres a lot on here.If your not good with working on cars than have some one that is do it for you.

Here is a link that will help you with almost anything

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/default.aspx

P.S.Please don't tell me that you don't have any money to do all of this stuff.If you don't sell parts off the n/a.

Good luck,
Brian L.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Agreed 100%.
The turbo supras don't like to be cheaped out on. The best way to do it is to replace every normal replacement part that you remove with new parts. This includes, like mk30dudeman said: plugs, wires, timing belt, seals, gaskets, and hoses.

USPturbo89

COONASS MAFIA MEMBER
Nov 2, 2008
yo well i got money and a buddy that has a shop but its the time that i dnt have much of... but as soon as i get it to his shop ima burn nuthn but time and money on it... and i appretiate the reply. c yall around.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
good to hear and yea I think we all forget about the one thing we all need to get these cars going and thats time.Sometimes we do it without time tho

edit:and i almost forgot welcome.Do you have any pic's of the cars?

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
USPturbo89;1174543 said:
ok well i have two 89 supras... one of them is an n/a with an automatic tranny that doesnt run.. well it doesnt start and idk were to start... it turns over and it wnts to run but it just doesnt... but my other supra is a 5spd turbo and it runs but the water pump is cracked and doesnt even hold water in the dang radiator. so im wonderin if i shuld just take off the n/a wp and pu it in my turbo model r just get another wp and replace that 1? well if anyone has some thoughts please feel free to share your thoughts! lol over and out.

Have to be looney to own 2 supras. Just replace with new waterpump.

:aigo::aigo::aigo:

USPturbo89

COONASS MAFIA MEMBER
Nov 2, 2008
yea am kinda but with the help of other finatics anything can get done....!! lol but ima just buy a new one and just replace the parts that need to be done 1st and then as time goes on ill nic nac here and there... but no i dont have any pics on the computer cuz im at wurk now lol but as soon as i can i will upload some promise... oh and by the way the turbo model has body damage on the back drivers 1/4 panel and they both need a paint job... and slight interior redecoration... lol yall holla bak at me from time to time... later and thanx