my supra with an engine swap

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Mods:
i put a 2jz twin turbo engine in it and blew it up at the drag strip and now i have put a highly built 400 small block chevy in it. it has been dinoed and has 900 hp at rear wheels it also has a ford nine inch differential with a 4link set up. custom hood to clear the carb and the air cleaner of the engine
I think it would be a good idea to post up some pics or people are just going to give you grief thinking you're full of shit!

Is the car in your profile the one with 900 rwhp?
(must have been hard to hook 900 up with the sawblades)

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Hey,

Is the car in you profile, AKA this one-

p187223_1.jpg

The one with the 2jz....er....chevy engine and 900 ponies?

I like your wing.:nono:

Still, yet i do have some what faith left in you, but i would obviously need to see some engine pictures. s383mmber1@hotmail.com is my email! Hope to see some pictures!

-William

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
87speedfreak said:
u think im bs ing about my engine swap give me your email and ill share the pics with you ill take them today and email them to you
mylesgabriel@hotmail.com I'll host the pics for you... I'd like to see a pic of the dyno sheet as well, so I can post it up for you, that way we can stop all these HATAHS! :aigo:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Why would anyone need to email pictures, when you can attach them to your thread here for everyone to see?

Or when we allow every member to setup a picture gallery for their car that is completely free and hosted here as well?

Lastly, why would someone install a domestic V8 into a Supra rather than rebuild their 2J engine, when the rebuild would be cheaper and faster to build than the V8 conversion?

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Hye Grim, Can I mail you some charcoal drawings of my Ra136E I swapped into the hatch of my hardtop, so you can scan them and post them for me?
1500 hp out of a 1.5 at 70 psi ;)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I hate to see anyone get flamed and sometimes think that the flaming starts way too soon, BUT I think this guy deserved it since he hasn't posted any proof. i.e. pictures of dyno or motor. It is sad though, when your guilty until proven innocent. On the other hand why would you want a chevy 400 when you could have a 2jz? I just don't get it..........lol to the truthful supra owners.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
87speedfreak said:
i have an 87 mk3 supra my dad and i put a a twin turbo 2jz engine in it about 2 years ago. and about a month ago i blew it up at the track i am now rebuilding it but in the meantime i put a 400 small block shevy down in it with a dino tested 900 hp after todays mods of a new carb, ignition system and set of 202 heads it is a sweet ride im going to take it to the the track this tuesday and drag race it so whats every one think of this modification
I see by your profile the 2JZ is back!

Any pics of it?