my supra project

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
Cravin Boost said:
there is a guy on craigs list selling a ported and polished head. it still needs the valves finished but he wants 700 for the head + gasket. might look for it?
'
hey cravin boost.
are you In the portland area? I think I might have saw your ride on 205 south the other afternoon. maybe it as sombody else

Cravin Boost

MMMM Smells like coolant
Nov 8, 2005
Eugene OR
Hmmm I am out that way on occasion I live in the tannasbourn area of beaverton. but I do like to drive (Now any ways) my MK3 is white on white with sawblades.

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
well heres some pictures of the car.
ive been thinking about buying a used jdm motor for around 900 bucks... its about the same price as just getting another head and a valve job pretty much... let me know what you all think i should do...

image000122uq.jpg

image000102sv.jpg

image000092ky.jpg

image000088ma.jpg

image000078vt.jpg

Twigger

Ahhh Yeah!!
Mar 30, 2005
OlyWA
You can by a rebuilt head off of ebay for around $450. If you by a JDM motor you have a chance of getting a motor that is old and worn out.

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
well i dont think i have all th parts with the engine i have now. so im not sure wh at i want to do.. how much can i get a rebuilt engine for? are they even that great? i was looking at jspecautosports' rebuilt engine with a 12 month unlimited mile warrenty. i dunno how much it cost though. i just want to get this damn thing going. if i buy a used or rebuilt engine i would be popping in a MHG anyway along with some of the better parts i have now.

im just not sure what i want to do anymore!:cry:

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
what up, well im in vancouver,

and basicaly picked up a car in similar needs..

my car was a n/a and i picked up a jdm 7mgte from jspecauto, it was 1475 to my door and took a month to recive my motor, i have heard people purchasing motor's localy though engines dealers and getting better deals..

i have a n/a head that i can sell yeah, it came off a car with a blown head gasket, and i think it's warped, doesn't come with cams, but i have alot of other stuff, also have an n/a block im tring to get rid of...

i was thinking 50 bucks, because thats' about what i would get if i scraped this, (aluminum is about 1.25 a pound..)

well if interested, give me a pm.

lowbudgettarga

supra and I - Broke
Apr 2, 2005
Bellingham, WA
I was supposed to pm you on sf.com about parts off my parts car, I've ot an entire tan interior with a few rips. anyhow, h'ere's some pics
p151811_1.jpg

p151811_2.jpg

the worst part is the drivers seat, and obviously that everything is dirty, but i'm sure that considering the shape of the door panels, everything else would clean up nice.
p151811_3.jpg

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
thanks rider... im going to buy the engine for her this weekend. not sure yet if i want to install it myself of take it to a shop and let them play with it and get a MHG on that sucker.

also..where should i buy my engine from? ive been thinking jarco or osakajdm

crf_rider

Apr 23, 2005
Portland, OR
Get ahold of Aaron @ www.rabidchimp.com

he is in Cali right now doing an on-site 6M install so give him a bit to get back to you. I will call him and give him a heads up. He's in Tacoma. You could probably have him come down and do the install. Good Guy.

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
yeah as long as he dosnt charge an arm and a leg... im starting to get pist at this damn thing. i called jarcoinc and they havent had any engines for like 6 months and wont have any for a while.