My Supra just became a daily driver.

Who

Supramania Contributor
My garage kept supra with low miles just became a daily driver. Thanks to the rising price of gas my budget is getting busted. My wife now has to take the commuter train 75 miles to work instead of driving. Problem is she has to leave a car at work for some trips to local area offices. Dammit, now the Supra has to come out of hiding and run with the wack-a-doos and mere commoners on the road.
Oh and here is the best part. On her first day on the train some ass asked her for money, and wanted to use her cell phone. Might want to get that concealed weapons permit after all.

JustinGotA1j

Jan 28, 2007
Chilliwack
whowouldfigga;1049140 said:
Oh and here is the best part. On her first day on the train some ass asked her for money, and wanted to use her cell phone. Might want to get that concealed weapons permit after all.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to bum money off her every day. I don't think I have ever been to a train station and not seen somebody pan handling. Just make sure she doesn't give away any money from the supra fund haha.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I'm all for CCW permits... but how the hell do people asking to use a cell phone or asking for change threaten your life?

Middle of the day, on a commuter train, someone asks to borrow a cell phone and gets a gun in the face... Thats not at ALL what CCW permits are for. :nono:

Now if someone asked her to bend over and say daddy AND threatened to assault her then maybe I can see your point, otherwise get her some mace or something, lol.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
My wife works nights, so midday stuff wouldn't be the case. I didn't say anything about a gun/mace to the face.

The guy could get her number and harass her at work/home. Get her number and use it to find their address. People are messed up.

I'm from a small town, so big cities/public transportation scare me. :icon_bigg

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
mkiiSupraMan18;1049240 said:
My wife works nights, so midday stuff wouldn't be the case. I didn't say anything about a gun/mace to the face.

The guy could get her number and harass her at work/home. Get her number and use it to find their address. People are messed up.

I'm from a small town, so big cities/public transportation scare me. :icon_bigg

My comment was directed towards the OP, sorry for the confusion. I see how the whole cell thing can scare you, but thats why you just say no, I'm sorry but I dont let people I dont know use my phone. :) A simple no goes for the money begger too.

Who

Supramania Contributor
DegreE;1049159 said:
:(

So your wife is driving the Supra?

Heck no I drive the Supra now.

suprarx7nut;1049204 said:
I'm all for CCW permits... but how the hell do people asking to use a cell phone or asking for change threaten your life?

Middle of the day, on a commuter train, someone asks to borrow a cell phone and gets a gun in the face... Thats not at ALL what CCW permits are for. :nono:

The scary part is the lack of human communication. I've been on the train and theres no eye contact. No hello, nothing. Now when a guy gets in your face and ask you for money and a phone you feel like your all alone in an alley. Doesn't matter that there are 25 other people in there with you.

Your right about the _un in the face by the way. My bad.

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Just don't make eye contact. That's why noone else is making eye contact. There are a lot of weirdos out there, so everyone just wants to keep to themselves. If your wife steps on one of these trains and acts like a normal, friendly, outgoing person, that will mark her as a target.

I live two blocks north of a rough/high-crime area (and two blocks south of a bourgeoisie area... my block is in the middle of the transition). Whenever anyone asks me for money, I just say "sorry, I don't carry cash." I've never had someone ask to use my cell phone, but if they did, I'd probably say I was almost out of minutes.

They might get agressive or cop an attitude, but if there are people around, they won't do anything, so it's safe to ignore them. Just tell her to avoid straying away from crowds if she can.