my supra is a ricer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtremeSupraDWF

Oct 11, 2007
north carolina
So this is a quick post to question u guys to end an arguement with my wife who likes to tell people I am into ricers.... she has a 2006 saleen s281 Normally asperatied not supercharged...I have an 89 supra with 402hp to the wheels.... so am I a ricer and is the supra classified as a ricer?
Btw my car has the stock exterior.

SiLeNcE SuPrA

I keed I keed
Mar 4, 2008
IDK
XtremeSupraDWF;1303586 said:
So this is a quick post to question u guys to end an arguement with my wife who likes to tell people I am into ricers.... she has a 2006 saleen s281 Normally asperatied not supercharged...I have an 89 supra with 402hp to the wheels.... so am I a ricer and is the supra classified as a ricer?

It ain't rice

Some muscleheads like to call all imports rice.
You need to explain to her exactly what rice means...

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
XtremeSupraDWF;1303586 said:

:ttiwwp:

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
This is from is straight from the urban dictionary. :biglaugh:

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

^^^
Now tell the wife and see what she has too say ;)

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
Heres some rice for you.. lol :sarcasm:
ricer-48377.jpg

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
When I posted on FinalGear the one guy kept on pushing that I was a ricer and made a page long post on it. This was when I had the MK3 before I sold it. So it had the 18" flush enkeis and the dual N1 exhaust. Then again I guess I was a ricer.. All show no go.

Status
Not open for further replies.