my slow build

supratoyota18

May 20, 2007
maryland
hey everyone, after selling my last mk3 back in 08 i finally decided i would try again and bought this lovely non turbo auto 88. I bought the car from the original owner who's wife use to drive. It has been sitting for the past 4 years due to a blown head gasket. The body is in pretty good condition other then some dents and digs, its not all rusted out like my last one was. The owner said it was garage kept most of its life. anyways i put a battery in her when i got home and she started right up. The interior is pretty nice to, dash isn't cracked up and seats aren't ripped. It only has about 130,xxx miles.

after pulling the head off i just decided screw it ill pull the motor and rebuild it and swap to a manual trans

plans are to make it a 7mgte but build it and try and shoot for 500hp. im not sure on what turbo ill go with yet.
i got the block all tore down just waiting on money to start ordering things. Then send it off to the machine shop.

here is how i got her.

then gave her 3 baths to get most of the gunk off.

got motors everywhere. 7mge, k20 and a rb25

supratoyota18

May 20, 2007
maryland
Dang =/ ill find one sooner or later. I have a 4 month old daughter so ive been busy, just gotta hit the junk yard one day when I get a chance.

supratoyota18

May 20, 2007
maryland
not a lot of progress at all, but some i guess. work has slowed down, so im looking for another job at the moment.

was trying to clean the bay up a little and got one side shining.

Then went to fixing this rust

i plan on putting the battery in the back anyway.

i sanded it all down and hit it with some self etching paint. im gonna go back and weld the holes up when i get some gas for the welder

i think ill probably just get the whole car painted along with the bay, instead of trying to rush the car im just gonna take my time and pay attention to the details.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I like your plan. That's what i decided on.
I knew from experience, that if i tried to just do upgrades while using the car, it would never get done the way i wanted.
So i got a daily driver, and have taken the slow road to restoration. 1 year and counting, so far. Only 1/3 done.

supratoyota18

May 20, 2007
maryland
yeah i get to anal, first it was just fix it and drive it. Then it turned into well ill build it while its out, now i wanna paint it and what not. so ill take my time and do it right for once.
I am defiantly gonna need a daily tho.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I bought an isuzu trooper for $600 and rebuilt the tranny. Been running great for a year, right up until this week, lol.
Had to replace a bad fuel pump.