My Senior Project. 88 turbo.

racingtoyota007

Sep 16, 2006
Georgia
I bought the car for $500 Dollars back about a month ago. It is a 88 Supra Turbo 7M-GTE R154 5 Spd Trany. It has 238,777 miles on the shell. The previous owner did not take very good care of it, and ran it dry and threw a rod berring. Here are some pictures of it when i went to go pick it up.
2447923_6_full.jpg

2447923_10_full.jpg

2447923_11_full.jpg

It was located In Warner Robins, GA I payed around 80.00 In gas to go get it and bring it back. The Tow-Dolley was 42.00 to rent it for the day.

After getting it home i just cleaned it up and took a few more pictures because i was so damn happy :) Here are some pics after getting it home.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

It even came with the original Sale sticker :)
sm_photo_missing.jpg

After doing some looking i came to the conclusion that i would just buy a new 7M-GTE long block. I am going to get it tomorrow night it is w/ the HKS 1.2mm MHG i believe and ARP headbolts. Freshly rebuilt for $550.

After Pulling the distributor and all that other mess i found oil all in the center piece where the spark plugs are at least a good inch. NOT GOOD! lol.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Here are a few pics of me and my buddy starting to lable everything and get the wiring harness out of the way. I might add that toyota has ALOT of stuff going on under the hood :)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

There is a lot more pictures than that but i would rather not bore you with them :icon_bigg

Last edited:

racingtoyota007

Sep 16, 2006
Georgia
Clip said:
looks like a good project. is this related to school in any way?
yes it is, our senior project is preaty much you get to choose what ever you want to do long as you get something out of it. The Basic Requirements are:
15 question interview in the field that you are doing (I did mine with a local machine shop guy)
5 page research paper
at least 15 hours of stuff for your "product" (my supra)

There was a few other little things in there but thats the more important stuff that i have to do. Its actually a great idea. I love cars and this gives me a excuse to learn about them more :)

And yea i have so many pictures its not even funny. I rather not bore you with 15 pictures of each little part under the hood :) i will post some more once i load them into photobucket

racingtoyota007

Sep 16, 2006
Georgia
Clip said:
damn thats f'ing cool. we dont have a senior project. im jealous
:biglaugh:
Yea its preaty sweet, you can even get out of school with a prior aproval if you just say "Senior Project" it is preaty damn sweet, my friend is doing his senior project to learn how to Auto-X race. so basicly he gets out of school early to go race lol. Its preaty cool, probably the only reason i am passing any of my classes to be honest :icon_razz

crrider80

Too soon Jr.
Jun 3, 2006
NYC
wow you are just like me. I also bought an 88 turbo with a blown motor except its red. Your interior and chassis look to be in way better condition tho. I spent 600 on the car and 700 on the engine. I did this the summer of my jr year tho. Good luck!
-Steve

JBatt87T

Apr 28, 2005
Athens, GA
Damn man if I would have known that was for sale here...well...I would have bought it. Who am I kidding I don't need another damn project.
Anyways good luck on the build. That's a pretty nice shell for $500!

racingtoyota007

Sep 16, 2006
Georgia
Oh i forgot to mention it has some crazy radar detector built into it or something, at first i was like wtf it came stock with this bad boy, but its really something else, its mounted in the lower grill and its like built into rigt above the shifter ill try taking pictures of it, hopefully it works good lol.

You can see it in the pictures above, i have no idea what brand it is or anythinb but i thought it was good install.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
hehe senior projects rule (or suck, the research paper in particular)

I'm doing the paper for mine right now, my actual senior project is on drag racing, and my mentor is my dad's friend with a 1300hp camaro.

talk about a good excuse to work on your car, and get to go to the track every week and document progress.

Looks like yours is going to be tons of fun as well! share all the pics man, I love looking at stuff like that.

Jon

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Wow - great shell for $500, and a cool way to take care of that project. I never heard of a senior project before, but I like the idea of it. Have fun, and keep us posted on your progress - I'm sure it will continue long after the project is officially over for school, because if you haven't become a Supra addict yet, it will happen. ;)