My recent purchase

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
My hks MHG came today ...but its been raining out today , So I diddnt get any time to do any work to the supra
Maybe tomorrow it wont rain tomorrow
But im pleased to have my gasket .
The rest is just cake

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
well today I took my time on cleaning as much as I could .
I got the top of the block smooth as glass ,Cleaned all other surfaces with old crusty gasket stuck on it , Finished assembeling my head cleaned the TB , Made sure all threads are clean .
Tomorrow I get to finish up .
1st , I have some last minute items to pick up , A thermostat , & some gasket sealer
Then I'll come back to finish cleaning the rest of the parts ,cam covers ect...
Im hoping to have her up N running by the evening tomorrow
I cant wait :}

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
almost finished , Just have to tighten up some loose ends , Change the oil & filter put the belts & all the other goodies back on & Fire her up
I hope all goes well tomorrow morning

Apr 10, 2008
South East USA
Nice ! I know the feeling big time !

Mr clean and pine sol is too bad ass on paint. I got a bottle of purple cleaner and some castrol super clean for the bay area. But had all my parts for cleaning in the kitchen sink with Mr. Clean during the evening hours.

That first picture is classic.

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
Thanks for the support & kind words
I will be doing the finishing touches & overview this afternoon.
Hope all goes well . I been hardcore reading my TSRM religiously

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
well....
Eveything is running well ,
No water leaks ,
but I think I have a vac leak somewhere.
possibly IC piping in need of tightening
my symptoms are a bit of stutter while approaching the boost
Tomorrow I'll have a closer look as its hella cold in Mississippi tonight ,
Like 39f ...buuuuurrrrrrr.

Any thoughts are welcome
Thanks.

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
Ok ... We fixed the stuttering issue & have a much needed improvement in proformance.
Had some leaks to fix [new vacume hoses] & made sure they are all tight .
I have a few more heat cycles left to go through & Will be ready for a re-torque.
I went to the JY & found a damm near new clutch fan & shroud . Gotta keep her cool & leak free .
I also ran across a few more things ....Anyone need some blue interior stuff. I found a non cracked Blue dash ,If anyone may need it PM me
Also something you MKii guys/gals may need . A near mint dash ,good condition front seats That could use a good cleaning and be great seats , & some great condition rear seats ,
Quite a few MKii things ....as the car has not been disturbed
I could get theese Items if anyone needs them . I will post some pics if anyone is interested .
I had a great day
Thanks

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
Now I must fix the exaust leak, strut mount, add the turbo timer & boost controller .
I will also be doing a complete detail job under the hood & interior
I also still need the blue door panels in mint condition if anyone has them , Please PM me

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
Easternguy2OO5...Your right .
Today I found the exaust leak , Right where ya said ... On the down pipe
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction on that one .
So that being said ... My next project is gonna be exaust work & new larger intercooler piping ,

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
Tomorrow, Im taking her down to my buddys shop & doing a complete under car inspection ...This will be fun & very much needed as I have some ratteling from the strut towers up front ....YaY

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
yesterday...
Did bring the soup to the shop ... Put her on the lift & did my under carrige inspection ...
The ratteling that I thought was the strut mount was ........A rattel from where the rust has eaten the pipe apart on my exaust ...
Other than that she is perfect ...... Just needs a new exaust , Im thinking of going with 3 inch piping from the manifold back , If I can find an exaust shop that will do this for me... The biggest they would do for me is 2 1/2 inch ... So Im just letting her sit around & detailing under the hood till I find a shop to do my exaust

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
Well , I had some time today to work on the Supra , My main objective was to take care of the stuttering , + the vacume leaks & IC piping leaks ,
I replaced the old accordian pipe with a costom fabricated pipe I made today
I fixed all my issues & now the Supra runs great , Now i have to get that 3 inch exaust I have been working on getting on there ....
Heres a pic of the pipe I made
p1175101_1.jpg

Yes , It may be Ghetto , But It fixed my issue 1OO%

Last edited: