My rear wheel is moving left and right

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
I jumped the curb a while ago and the damage to my passenger rear i discovered was: Sanded down the face of the rim a tiny bit, cracked my brake drum, spindle had a crack in it and my wheel bearing was broken. The wheel was no longer straight but tilted ( outward, not to side) Like this--------> /. So i replaced the spindle (with bearing) and the wheel now sits perfectly. So i test drive the car and right now the wheel is moving left and right but not too much, the car is drivable. It will stay in a straight line. I don't see any other visible damage. Any idea on what might be broken, bent? Any help, much appreciated!

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
NewWestSupras;1333163 said:
You checked the wheel for true? Spin it up on the balance machine and see if it wobbles. gl.

No the wheel just looked at it with the eye, my dad said i should take it to the shop but it really does look fine but might as well right

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
kotu100;1333165 said:
moves in and out? or wobbles in and out? maybe damaged cv shaft? or bad ball joint?

I would go with "wobbles" it's not terrifying to look at but it is noticeable. Oh god i hope it's neither of those cuz they must be $$$$

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
You should be able to shake the corner while in the and air easily diagnose which joint it is that's giving you the play.