my project oh boy where do i start

radicalskater

Banned
Jun 27, 2009
portland tennessee
obviously this is going to be an extensive project to get this car where it should be any suggestion's would be apprecitaed:icon_razz

Attachments

• fathersday and the supra 011.jpg
    fathersday and the supra 011.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 23
  • fathersday and the supra 016.jpg
    fathersday and the supra 016.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 21
  • fathersday and the supra 021.jpg
    fathersday and the supra 021.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 22
  • fathersday and the supra 023.jpg
    fathersday and the supra 023.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 25

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
this is going to be a nice restore project, if the engine works perfectly without any problems, i would start working on the interior first, as it looks as if it took extensive abuse, especially on the door panel :/

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Scrap the door panel and dash since they are not worth the effort to repair. Not to mention, with that kind of damage the repairs will be noticable.

Perfect condition replacements can be had for $100 for the dash and $50 for the door panel. Finding matching colors may be an issue as butterscotch doesn't come up too often. I see an interior color change in your future :biglaugh:

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
modmonster2008;1361333 said:
^ true that, but then again what about the cloth parts? lol

CHADA-CHING!!!

p1361336_1.jpg

Also, leather inserts can be had for relatively cheap. I scored mine out of a shadow gray for $85 off fleabay. Or, he can just leave the cloth parts for that custom "don't really give a f#ck" look. :)

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
modmonster2008;1361339 said:
^ how exactly does that work? i mean isn't that like spray paint? and when sprayed on the cloth does the fiber stuff get stiff due to the dye? where can u get these?

Carpet paint is a little more flexible, but I do imagine it will ruin the feel. I haven't gotten around to using the stuff on fabric myself, but I'll eventually give it a shot on the lower carpeted portions of the door panels. I'm just gonna scrub the hell out of the fabric with alcohol and give it a day or so to dry. Then scrub it again and paint. If the carpet feels to stiff (not that I really care on the lower door panels), I'll just source some black carpet, cut it to size using the original as a template and install. I image the same can be done for the inserts as well if need be.

The AutoMagic paint sells for around $15 a can. They don't go very far as you need plenty of coats until the new color comes through.