my project mk3 1jz(started from scratch)

300zxpwns

Feb 1, 2009
texas
whats up guys, thought i would make a thread to show my mk3 i payed 300 bucks for. no motor tranny or anything, just shell and interior. i will updates pics as i go along. it will be caged, and i have already got some sparco's for it and the 1jz swap, just haven't taken any pics of them yet.

here is what it started as:
2n8zpma.jpg

1tugj6.jpg

auxz6.jpg

fvkc50.jpg

2jac12u.jpg

zxpbwz.jpg

hwz47r.jpg

21j93yd.jpg

:) it will be fully gutted, no ac or heater. well gutted besides dash and front door panels. so what do you guys think so far?

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
Good luck...Starting from scratch is not eazy,and you need to do a lot
of work. But at the end you'll be happy with the outcome:biglaugh:

Will it be a 1jz mk3 drift car? or race car?...street racing:sarcasm:?:biglaugh:

300zxpwns

Feb 1, 2009
texas
not a drift car. lol and i would street race..thats just bad. ;) lol na it will probably be a highway/some quarter mile car.

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Now thats a project! Good luck.
My advice would be: Strip it and have it painted first, it is harder to have a car painted that is already built, and you don't have to worry about the shop taking it out for a joy ride ;)

300zxpwns

Feb 1, 2009
texas
haha zo6 killer for sure.

thanks, its quite a project but its going smoothly so far. will get more pics next weekend as i will have alot more time to work on it. not much joy ride for a while with the motor not in. hha

300zxpwns

Feb 1, 2009
texas
haven't posted up any progress pics in a while so here is some more pics. It runs now, just need to get the brakes working and get some seat harnesses and i'm good to go. :)

acvepv.jpg

2cfwmja.jpg

33aezi8.jpg

n686eh.jpg

mines on the left, right is rocketguy13's car.

let me know what you guys think!

rocketguy13

Sep 5, 2006
dallas texas
300zxpwns;1358362 said:
haven't posted up any progress pics in a while so here is some more pics. It runs now, just need to get the brakes working and get some seat harnesses and i'm good to go. :)

acvepv.jpg

2cfwmja.jpg

33aezi8.jpg

n686eh.jpg

mines on the left, right is rocketguy13's car.

let me know what you guys think!

you should edit the pic 1jz and 2jz above the cars