My project 1989 supra turbo with targa top

Monkey123

Jan 22, 2010
Chicago Suburb
First of all I like to thanks all the people for all of the advices and useful tips.
My Supra is an 1989 white turbo with targa top. I will changed exhaust manifod (leak), intake manifold (oil build up around gasket), water pump (leak, cooling drops at bottom hole), and oil leak. About the oil leak, I ran the engine in idle for 30 min. or more and see a few oil drops at the timing cover. I ordered crankshaft seal, 2 camshaft seals. I tried to order the oil pump seal at Autozone, Advance Auto Parts, Lee Auto parts, and Toyota dealers and none of the store carry it. Some store will sell oil pump assembly and it is a special order. I want to be ahead of the game and order it and replace it if the seal is bad. Does any one know where I can order the oil pump seal? If not, is there any alternative such as cooling hose? If cooling hose is used, what good it is? I was thinking about the Cresida since the engine is the same for the non turbo. I might get away by using the Cresida engine specs. After all the works are done, the body is next. After the body, I will send it out for painting at Maaco. They charged me around $500 stripping and painting the whole car for my Corolla. That's is all I can afford. Thanks for everything.

Monkies123

tsupranami

Drain Bamaged
Mar 11, 2006
Eastern WA
Welcome to the Supra community. There are no seals available from Toyota for the oil pump itself, so that might be what's confusing your dealer. The part you are after is called an "oil pump drive shaft seal" and Toyota should still have them available. Mine came in the complete engine gasket set from Toyota, but we have ordered them seperately before.