My POS Supra

AxelEngle

Apr 27, 2010
Rochester, NY
Well I bought this car (A white 1989 Turbo Targa 5 speed) while I was in Chicago for trade school. I already had an '89 Turbo Targa automatic in red back in NY.

When I bought it:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Shortly thereafter my radiator cracked, so this:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Then I got whacked in mt front right corner (hiding in the back):
p1558882_1.jpg

Then I started the hear a bad case of rod knock coming on, so I parked it until I moved back to NY, which is when I began my real project. I'm going to break this off into another post.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

As I promised, the story continues. I removed the bumpers, fenders, hood, and drilled out the front cross member to make my life easier.

Notice this is on an angled stone driveway :aigo:

Beginning:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Here she comes:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Pulling her apart:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Lonely:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Head off:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Block:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Cylinder 6... hmmm?:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

I'm going to break it off here again.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

I see now that it just attached my last post, I wonder if this will do the same.

Cleaning things:

Before:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

After:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Before:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

After:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1558882_2.jpg

That's about all for pictures for now because my phones camera stopped working around that time.

As of right now, the car is getting a set of wiseco forged pistons, 1.2mm metal HG, arp hardware, 1000cc injectors, BC 280 cams if I can get ahold of them, 272's if not, megasquirt, walbro fuel pump, lc1 wideband, I have a BIC 3" DP with divorced wastegate, SS pressure line for P/S, all parts to rebuild shifter, probably a spec stage 5 clutch, lots of other stuff I'm probably forgetting. The engine is being assembled and tuned by BaldTurboFreak racing, a local guy who is a boss at tuning with megasquirt and many others.

The only thing that is going to hold the car back is the stock turbo. That will be upgraded later on.

AxelEngle

Apr 27, 2010
Rochester, NY
Thank you, probably not, I don't think the red will look good against black and white with the rest of the car. plus they get buried anyways.

Although, I might have the intake manifold modified to face forward with an ls1 throttle body, which would clean things up.

AxelEngle

Apr 27, 2010
Rochester, NY
dslocal;1559565 said:
how much power do you plan to make once you ditch the CT?

Somewhere in the range of 6-700, I should have specified, I'm going to be running duel walbros

Thank you Dirty Monkey! I'm certainly trying!

AxelEngle

Apr 27, 2010
Rochester, NY
Well it's been awhile and I see most of my pics are now broken go me. I'm only going to say that, Duane, I'm gunning for you ;-)

A few plans have changed:
p1674403_1.jpg

Also, I'm now going to be running it all through a 4L80E.

sweaver

Oct 13, 2010
ny
didn't i see a dyno sheet on roclife under rick's builds? arn't you running on E85? im being lazy i know