My opinion of Shaftmasters 2 piece shaft

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I received my two piece shaft from Shaftmasters today and it was a very nice looking product. My front piece was painted and very clean and the aluminum rear piece was awesome. They even made it dummy proof by giving me yellow arrows to line up when putting it together. The install was a breeze, and then I took it for a ride.
Everyone on here knows I joke around on here alot, but I was driving down the road and started laughing and no one was in the car but me. It rode so smooth. Way smoother than I imagined it would. It rode better than it used to ride before I lowered it with the Tein coilovers. I used to think it rode like a Lexus back then, but now it definately does. I only made it up to about seventy five mph, but at that speed, there were 0 vibrations. I'm very impressed with this product so far. I will get a chance to drive it tomorrow and get it up to around 120 and see how it feels then.

The one thing that surprised me is I've always been able to break the tires loose in second gear when the turbo spools up. Tonight when I went for a drive, both times it did this in third gear. It had never did it in third gear before. I don't know if it's because of the lighter rear section, I don't know, but I know it spun my 265's in third both times I got on it.
Anyone thinking about upgrading their two piece to another two piece should talk with the guys at Shaftmasters. They were easy to work with and shipped my product out fast. It's simply amazing how much smoother my car is now.
Now for a few pictures.
p857396_1.jpg

p857396_2.jpg

p857396_3.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Yes and yes.

The rear section is the only part that's aluminum, and it does come with a new hanger bearing. Mine came with the hanger bearing that they got from Jdub, but it's suppose to be new. I know the other ones they sell will have a brand new hanger bearing on them.

On a side note, where did you get a quote from me that said I was gay? I'm sure the one and only IJ is behind that, because I assure you, I've never said it...............:biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I didn't know any better. I thought it was only because my car was sixteen years old. Now I know it's because my hanger bearing is sixteen years old.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Why is that? IIRC, the carrier bearing spins in the rubber, with the shaft?

*edit* Not the rubber spins... think of a normal sealed bearing... that's what I meant.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
awesome! :)

i'm disappointed though, that you didn't go out and buy new hardware to join the driveshafts together!

those old bolts look gross when set against those beautiful driveshafts!

tisk tisk! haha ;)

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Glad you got shafted Jay. Only guy I know that pays to get shafted and still grins from ear to ear from the enjoyment it brings :D

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
suprahero said:
The rear section is the only part that's aluminum, and it does come with a new hanger bearing. Mine came with the hanger bearing that they got from Jdub, but it's suppose to be new. I know the other ones they sell will have a brand new hanger bearing on them.

Jay - Just so you know...that center bearing only had 5K miles on it. It's as good as new ;)

I suspected my rear shaft had unscrewed itself...that's why I purchased the Jaws single piece to begin with. When David made me the offer to test their single piece, I couldn't turn it down. Glad I didn't...it's running the same way you described.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
shaeff said:
tisk tisk! haha ;)

I'm sorry to disappoint you Shaef. I wouldn't have did it if I hadn't been so excited about getting it in the car. I mean it would have taken me a whole five minutes to go to Advance and back...............:biglaugh:

This is one time I don't feel I got shafted............:naughty:

IJ, you won't believe the torque I have now...................:evil2:

Jdub, I could tell it looked new and it rides like a dream.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
I can promise you Advance doesn't carry that grade bolt ;)
And they are $3 each from Toyota iirc (that is if they are the same as the ones for the differential)

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Nice Jay!!! Kinda sad though usually you tell me about the stuff you are getting before you get it. Did we break up or something????:biglaugh:

Cant wait to ride in it in a few months!!

I will have to look to shaftmasters as well when I am ready to put my shell ,or um car, back together.:icon_bigg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Ryan, if you spent more time on here and less time trying to have sexy sexy time with your wife, you would have known I was getting this............:biglaugh:

shaftmasters

Vendor
Oct 29, 2007
michigan
www.shaftmasters.com
suprahero said:
Ryan, if you spent more time on here and less time trying to have sexy sexy time with your wife, you would have known I was getting this............:biglaugh:
Jay,
Be careful down there in Alabama driving 125 mph. I keep getting this image in my mind of Jackie Gleason walking up to your Supra after pulling you over and saying "you're in a heap of trouble boy"!
Robert