My new wheels have been modified.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
I bought my first set of aftermarket wheels. But there is one thing i noticed about them i do not like, at all.

003jm.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Looks good, right? But when I look in the lug holes on the rear, the bolt pattern has been changed. The bolt holes are actually oblong, and the holes have been moved farther out, look.

Front, looks normal, how it was manufactured.

007yqw.jpg
011ea.jpg

Rear looks like they took a huge drill bit to it. Those marks on the edge are scratches.

008gy.jpg
010fyk.jpg

Look at the label on the side of the box.
004xo.jpg

Is this normal? I am f-ing pissed, and in need of some input. What are my options?

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Alot of places that specialize in when can redrill the bolt pattern to fit certain application as long as it was done good youre fine

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Poodles;1678025 said:
Why resell when you can contact the seller and get your money back or the right wheels?

True but you never know... maybe you can make $50+ off of them? Especially in my area.... its FLOODED with ricers.... might as well call it RICERMANIA or RICEDALE.... & yes Supra mania inspired me to make up RICER mania :)

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Did you buy the wheels from a store or was it a private sale?
I would definitely be asking questions right about now. Redrilled is one thing, but they wouldn't settle right with me either. I would ask for a set that were manufactured in 5x114.3 and see what they say.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
You have every right to be pissed. They modified them without telling you, and sold them to you at full price even though they were modified. This is assuming you bought them new from a shop of course.

If I forked over cash for new parts, I expect to get exactly what I order not something that has been modified to work.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
I bought the wheels new from a stren dealer.
The issue I have is if i were given the choice of having some wheels modified to fit, I would have definitely said no thanks, and looked elsewhere.
I called before ordering, to verify what I wanted was available, and during the same call I ordered. I feel like i received something completely different than I ordered.
I just wish I was given a choice. On top of that they're scratched to hell in some spots, from the "adjustment".

I think I want some NEW rear wheels.